Asus P5G41T M LX DDR3 Problem !!!

Hi everyone, 

I'm doing a Xeon X5460 LGA 771 to 775 type of build on a Asus P5G41T M LX mobo. Did the cutting, did the stickering, and everything worked fine with a single stick of old ddr3. 

Now I bought a 2*4gigs kit from corsair XMS3 lineup, clocked at 1333MHz, and thought everything would work just fine. But here I am, waiting for something to happen as i only get black screen...

I do know that it's possible to get 8 gigs of RAM on this mobo as there are tons of videos on youtube showing that, but i can't figure out how i can do it myself.. Really thought that this kit of DDR3 should do the trick as it's fairly old and is supposed to be supported by the mobo.

Maybe I'm mistaken or maybe I'm doing something wrong, so please guys help me !! 

Thanks in advance :) 

Have you tried reseating the RAM? I had a really difficult time getting my ram into my slots

32 minutes ago, MrAwesomepants said:

Have you tried reseating the RAM? I had a really difficult time getting my ram into my slots

Did this just now like three times, didn't solve the issue :/

• 1 year later...

It could be the CMOS battery. I did have the same problem as well...

Reminder to always be happy even in tough situations 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

It was a problem of RAM density in the end, something about having 512kb chips on the stick, instead of having 256kb ones. I don't remember which config was high and which was low density, but I finaly stumbled upon a set of crude looking hynix memory modules that worked just fine. Guess I got lucky