Laptop Squealing.

Splodge1231

Hello Internet,

So I just turned my Laptop on (It's an old Toshiba Satellite C55-A-1N1) and before it had even started windows (10) and it was showing me the manufacturers loading screen it started squealing without stop. It wasn't the disk drive. Can anyone help

Thanks

Is the sound coming from the speaker? Does it sound like a fan? If you know it isn't the HDD then what else do you think it is?

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

Is the sound coming from the speaker? Does it sound like a fan? If you know it isn't the HDD then what else do you think it is?

The sound is coming from the right side of the speaker and I said it wasn't the disk drive not the HDD 

If it's an older laptop that has been moved around a lot in the past, my first go-to location of such noises would be any HDD's inside.

4 minutes ago, NinJake said:

If it's an older laptop that has been moved around a lot in the past, my first go-to location of such noises would be any HDD's inside.

I can't get to the HDD

What version of Windows are you running?

Windows 10 upgraded from 8 (Thank Goodness)

Ok, right click your task bar then launch task manager.

From here, navigate to the "performance" tab I believe and click your HDD. Most likely C:

While monitoring the graph of your HDD, do you hear the squealing noise as you see the graph moving? (HDD being active) @Splodge1231

Ok, right click your task bar then launch task manager.

From here, navigate to the "performance" tab I believe and click your HDD. Most likely C:

While monitoring the graph of your HDD, do you hear the squealing noise as you see the graph moving? (HDD being active) @Splodge1231

I'm afraid i'm scared to even log on

What kind of noise is it exactly? Very loud and non-stop? Or is it a "clicky" noise that comes and goes fairly fast. Like "ticktickticktick urrrrrrg tickticktick" lol.

12 minutes ago, NinJake said:

What kind of noise is it exactly? Very loud and non-stop? Or is it a "clicky" noise that comes and goes fairly fast. Like "ticktickticktick urrrrrrg tickticktick" lol.

It's a constant squeal

16 minutes ago, Splodge1231 said:

It's a constant squeal

Thank for your help but I fixed it. Some thing in my recording devices wasn't working but thanks anyway