USB hub for gaming gear

TheNefurious

My new setup requires me to plug my gaming gear into a USB hub at the back of my desk. Will this increase latency for my mouse and keyboard, or will this not effect it? I play alot of FPS's and games like League of Legends, where reaction time and response time is key. Are there like premium USB hubs with low latency or does every hub have about the same?

Thanks in advance 

Most USB hubs won't show too much of a difference latency wise, if you think it will be an issue though you can get a usb hub that connects to you pc with usb type-c.

It's also a good idea to make sure it's a powered usb hub, as your peripherals will likely need power through the hub to work

32 minutes ago, Alkali A said:

Most USB hubs won't show too much of a difference latency wise, if you think it will be an issue though you can get a usb hub that connects to you pc with usb type-c.

It's also a good idea to make sure it's a powered usb hub, as your peripherals will likely need power through the hub to work

Okay thanks man! :)

1 minute ago, TheNefurious said:

Okay thanks man! :)

No problem dude, just here to help!

Also, I should have specified early but there is a difference in speeds of usb hubs.

Latency won't really change, but if you're transfering data to a harddrive, or flashdrive through your hub the port type (type 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1/type-c) will make a difference in transfer speeds.