6600k + Hyper 212 Evo

I have a 6600k and a hyper 212 Evo. A very popular combination. I wanna overclock my CPU but im too lazy to figure it out. My motherboard has an "Easy Overclocking" mode which overclocks my CPU to 4.1Ghz but fucking around in the bios has proved to me that it can go to 4.5 and higher. My problem is that I cant really find a stable clockspeed to Voltage combination. I know it would only take me a couple minutes to figure it out but if so many people already have this combination and have figured it out then why not take the short cut. 

If you want to do this in a few minutes, then don't bother. Overclocking is a slow, methodical process that takes time.

There is no magic combination. Every CPU is different. You just have to find a voltage that is within reasonable temp limits (<85c) and then a frequency that won't crash at that voltage. I'd imagine 4.5ghz is possible with that cooler, but that could vary a lot. Refer to this guide (same process) for more guidance:

Again: do not rush overclocking. take lots of time to benchmark/stress test.

1 minute ago, cdsboy2000 said:

If you want to do this in a few minutes, then don't bother. Overclocking is a slow, methodical process that takes time.

There is no magic combination. Every CPU is different. You just have to find a voltage that is within reasonable temp limits (<85c) and then a frequency that won't crash at that voltage. I'd imagine 4.5ghz is possible with that cooler, but that could vary a lot. Refer to this guide (same process) for more guidance:

Again: do not rush overclocking. take lots of time to benchmark/stress test.

Man you really just threw me on the narrow road eh. I lied, I've spent my fare share of time overclocking but this is my problem.

When testing my overclocks my temps seem to never change as I raise the frequency. And I ran the benchmark for like 15 minutes each time. (that might not be enough time for it to heat up, if it isn't then i guess that's my problem). But I was able to push that shit till it just crashed but it never went over 62 degrees regardless. 

What about fan speed? maybe my fans were working so hard they kept it under 62. If that is the case then id rather have my system run hotter but quieter. I did a quick look around  the LTT and tech quickie channels to find a fan controlling guide. Didn't find much. You gots something?

19 minutes ago, Romeo Bodmon said:

I lied, I've spent my fare share of time overclocking but this is my problem.

19 minutes ago, Romeo Bodmon said:

When testing my overclocks my temps seem to never change as I raise the frequency

Doesn't seem like you've thought about voltage yet. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

1 hour ago, Megah3rtz said:

Doesn't seem like you've thought about voltage yet. 

Guess thats why I wanted to see what other people had for voltage so I can get a grasp of the numbers I should be around. 

6 minutes ago, Romeo Bodmon said:

Guess thats why I wanted to see what other people had for voltage so I can get a grasp of the numbers I should be around. 

Below 1.38-1.4v for everyday use, start from default voltage and increase + 0.01-0.02v. I've seen most people get to 4.4ghz around 1.32v or so

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

40 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Below 1.38-1.4v for everyday use, start from default voltage and increase + 0.01-0.02v. I've seen most people get to 4.4ghz around 1.32v or so

thanks boss man

18 hours ago, Romeo Bodmon said:

Man you really just threw me on the narrow road eh. I lied, I've spent my fare share of time overclocking but this is my problem.

When testing my overclocks my temps seem to never change as I raise the frequency. And I ran the benchmark for like 15 minutes each time. (that might not be enough time for it to heat up, if it isn't then i guess that's my problem). But I was able to push that shit till it just crashed but it never went over 62 degrees regardless. 

What about fan speed? maybe my fans were working so hard they kept it under 62. If that is the case then id rather have my system run hotter but quieter. I did a quick look around  the LTT and tech quickie channels to find a fan controlling guide. Didn't find much. You gots something?

Well yeah, frequency wouldn't affect temps. It's all in the voltage.

I usually keep my CPU on stock fan settings in the BIOS since the fan curve generally knows to go 100% if it ever gets to 85c areas. You might want to double check that.

What voltage were you on with 62c? What stress test are you using?