Should i delete this?

Go to solution Solved by pwn_intended,
1 minute ago, Joseph Hartness said:

No I reformatted it as it is a new storage device

So if the drive is empty, and you have a hankering for 100 megs more, go ahead and delete both partitions and then create a single one. That system reserved partition is where boot files were stored, and was created by the OS installed in the first place.

Disk 0 is my boot drive.

Disk 1 is for storing pictures, music, and games.

For Disk 1 do I delete the system reserved?

Capture.PNG

CPU: i7-6700K | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2666 Memory

Solid State Drives: Two PNY 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drives | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | Case: Thermaltake Core V71 ATX Full Tower Case.

PCPartPicker

Disk 0 is my boot drive.

Disk 1 is for storing pictures, music, and games.

For Disk 1 do I delete the system reserved?

Capture.PNG

just leave it its only 100MB...

is there stuff on the drive right now?

NO: go ahead and delete it, then resize the other partition.

YES: leave it alone unless you want to back everything up onto another drive to mitigate chances of data loss when re-partitioning.

When in doubt, re-format.

1 minute ago, Unexas. said:

just leave it its only 100MB...

Well it is an old drive from my laptop, isn't system reserved used for booting? I really don't need it.

CPU: i7-6700K | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2666 Memory

Solid State Drives: Two PNY 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drives | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | Case: Thermaltake Core V71 ATX Full Tower Case.

PCPartPicker

1 minute ago, pwn_intended said:

is there stuff on the drive right now?

NO: go ahead and delete it, then resize the other partition.

YES: leave it alone unless you want to back everything up onto another drive to mitigate chances of data loss when re-partitioning.

PCPartPicker

Just now, Joseph Hartness said:

Well it is an old drive from my laptop, isn't system reserved used for booting? I really don't need it.

you can if you want but if it was me i would just leave it.

So if the drive is empty, and you have a hankering for 100 megs more, go ahead and delete both partitions and then create a single one. That system reserved partition is where boot files were stored, and was created by the OS installed in the first place.

When in doubt, re-format.

If this is your drive do not delete if it is another drive you want for other things delete it at your own risk

Hello

Yeah that piece is actually really important.

I don't know how it ended up on your storage drive, but it somehow did. It actually should be on the SSD but just leave it alone.

Just try to boot your PC with the storage drive disconnected, it is very likely it won't boot because it needs that small partition...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon