XBox taking ages to install games

jado

I don't use my Xbox much, I'd much rather be on my PC ;). But a friend of mine gameshares with me and he got ARK and wanted me to play with him, since it was of no cost to me I started installing it last night. around 11. now its 2:30 pm the next day and it's only at 90%. My internet runs at 5Mbps, while the official Xbox site says 5 Mbps will take around 14 hours I did some math (probably not correct) but with my math 1Mbps would only take10 or so hours for 30GB, does anyone know why this happens?

If my math was wrong instead of calling me dumb help me out by correcting me. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, jado said:

I don't use my Xbox much, I'd much rather be on my PC ;). But a friend of mine gameshares with me and he got ARK and wanted me to play with him, since it was of no cost to me I started installing it last night. around 11. now its 2:30 pm the next day and it's only at 90%. My internet runs at 5Mbps, while the official Xbox site says 5 Mbps will take around 14 hours I did some math (probably not correct) but with my math 1Mbps would only take10 or so hours for 30GB, does anyone know why this happens?

If my math was wrong instead of calling me dumb help me out by correcting me. Thanks.

Also, for some reason Xbox doesn't handle other people on the internet very well... On my PC my brother can play Roblox and I can be playing TF2 or CS:GO and have 60 ping but on Xbox if he's on a game I get 300+ ping

That's more of a network issue and not so much the Xbox.   It'll be either your Wi-Fi or ISP.  You'd have to isolate/troubelshoot to find out which.