Asus VX238 pink tint

Jacknif

Hello !

My dad bought an awesome Asus VX238 2-3 years ago and after a year and a half, a pink tint appeared on the right of the screen, so he just put in aside and didn't bother with it. But recently I tried it out and it worked like a charm... for a few days then the tint came back, and it's not the HMDI cable. I'm thinking : It's either the power cord or the screen just overheats. Here's a pic that I found online : http://imgur.com/G9rlKjz that's exactly my issue.

Thanks in advance ! 

An issue such as that is usually a result of damage to the screen itself. Loosened connections inside the display causing color distortions. The screen would probably need to be replaced. Either that or the graphics processor itself is faulty which is also a possibility. It may behave until it gets hot then it stops refreshing the screen like it's suppose to.

13 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

An issue such as that is usually a result of damage to the screen itself. Loosened connections inside the display causing color distortions. The screen would probably need to be replaced. Either that or the graphics processor itself is faulty which is also a possibility. It may behave until it gets hot then it stops refreshing the screen like it's suppose to.

I plugged the screen after 2 days of non use and it still does this, but it was after unplugging it, opening it and plugging/unplugging all the flat cables inside, did nothing but I believe the issue is a malfunctioning cable(s) inside the screen itself, will try it again. My graphic card is working just fine, as I have 2 screens and the Asus is the only faulty one. Also can't replace it, the warranty is over sadly.

4 minutes ago, Jacknif said:

I plugged the screen after 2 days of non use and it still does this, but it was after unplugging it, opening it and plugging/unplugging all the flat cables inside, did nothing but I believe the issue is a malfunctioning cable(s) inside the screen itself, will try it again. My graphic card is working just fine, as I have 2 screens and the Asus is the only faulty one. Also can't replace it, the warranty is over sadly.

It could be a cable have you tried plugging the display into alternate systems to see if the problem is replicate-able.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

It could be a cable have you tried plugging the display into alternate systems to see if the problem is replicate-able.

Well, It was already doing this on my dad's computer, I tried using different cables, different outlets but nothing does it, it comes from the screen itself apparently. 

3 minutes ago, Jacknif said:

Well, It was already doing this on my dad's computer, I tried using different cables, different outlets but nothing does it, it comes from the screen itself apparently. 

Defective display then. You could always hang onto it as a backup monitor if anything happens to the one(s) you use.

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Defective display then. You could always hang onto it as a backup monitor if anything happens to the one(s) you use.

Oh well, I guess so. Will try to open it again and who knows, but whatever I got a 24" ViewSonic Display from Christmas and I don't really need 2 screens anyhow.

Anybody who had this issue ?

3 minutes ago, Jacknif said:

I don't really need 2 screens anyhow.

Don't need 2? I wish I had 3 quite frequently I run out of desktop space with just 2.