Amazon removed 7th Generation Intel Processors after 1 day

Go to solution Solved by SinnVoltage,

Package arrived! Thanks amazon!

EDIT: Release date of Jan, 5th (Today) has put the i7-7700k back on amazon! Though it is now 379US instead of the 350US I snagged it for when the product got accidentally posted.

Also, the package has arrived at my local post office, and will hopefully arrive today without any other problems! Thanks to everyone who read this already.

EDIT AGAIN: Amazon lowered it from 379 to 350 again!

EDIT EDIT AGAIN: Package arrived. Day of release essentially, thanks Amazon.

After 1 day of Amazon offering Kaby Lake processors, they removed the product page. But not before I could snag one!

Though, I am a bit concerned as it seems Amazon has not shipped the package yet...

Hopefully everything will end up OK, but I thought it would be fun to share on here.

Here is the link to the page that the i7-7700k once existed on: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXSI216/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are some pictures: (Supposed to arrive by 8pm central on Jan 5th)

DuckDuckGo search showing that the page did exist: https://gyazo.com/e215a8edc1014edac7d3718dac6acc6f

My Amazon order: https://gyazo.com/3557951dec3eb424d34d9456d253f832

And sadly, USPS showing that its not shipped (yet, hopefully ;-;): https://gyazo.com/c1e3e4ee184929a5716773a02dba31fd

(On Amazon's tracking page, the last update was that it arrived at amazon)

Thanks for readin'!

If anyone knows anything for some reason, I would love to learn!

that's lucky, if you don't mind would you be willing to do your own testing and put the result on the forum. 

edit: i am not planning on buying them i am just a enthusiast 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

that's lucky, if you don't mind would you be willing to do your own testing and put the result on the forum. 

Yep, if it ships!

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Well, they aren't exactly worth it anyway. Skylake is still a better deal unless it's more expensive (which wouldn't make sense yet)

Imagine thats the reason amazon removed it :D "It's aint worth it, so let's just dont offer it"

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Well, they aren't exactly worth it anyway. Skylake is still a better deal unless it's more expensive (which wouldn't make sense yet)

It's really kind of a stupid upgrade, but for what I need I was using an i5-6600k and needed the i7. This was the same price.

1 minute ago, Rodniz said:

Imagine thats the reason amazon removed it :D "It's aint worth it, so let's just dont offer it"

Aha! It all makes sense now! :D

2 minutes ago, SinnVoltage said:

It's really kind of a stupid upgrade, but for what I need I was using an i5-6600k and needed the i7. This was the same price.

You would need a BIOS update on your motherboard for the chip to be properly supported. Also, since the 6700k and 7700k have pretty much the same performance clock for clock just get whatever's available.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

4 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

The only better one is the upcoming dual core

IM BACK BABY

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

You would need a BIOS update on your motherboard for the chip to be properly supported. Also, since the 6700k and 7700k have pretty much the same performance clock for clock just get whatever's available.

It's already downloaded. Im using an ASUS Z170-S Sabertooth TUF series. They already released the update.

17 minutes ago, Rodniz said:

if that was the reason amazon would on sell about 5 things :P

I lurk a lot

1 minute ago, peej said:

if that was the reason amazon would on sell about 5 things :P

That's even more accurate. How many people need a life sized big foot statue anyway?

16 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

At the same voltage and temperatures the 7700k will be stable anywhere from three to five hundred MHz above the 6700k.

If you are purchasing a 4 core intel right now then the 7700k is clearly a better choice than the 6700k. If you aren't in the market for a new CPU in that performance range then you shouldn't be upgrading just because this CPU came out but then you shouldn't be doing that normally anyways.

4 minutes ago, SinnVoltage said:

That's even more accurate. How many people need a life sized big foot statue anyway?

how many people need a bra that you can store wine in... oh actually i think that would be one they would keep selling :P 

I lurk a lot

Dang USPS with their inaccurate tracking information that takes over 2 hours to update apparently.

Now I can sleep knowing that my 350 dollars worth of a slice of silicone pie is on the move.

1 minute ago, SinnVoltage said:

Dang USPS with their inaccurate tracking information that takes over 2 hours to update apparently.

don't worry i bought something from hak5 and they used USPS to ship something to me between the 1st of Jan and the 4th of Jan there was absolute nothing updated i guess new years had something to do with it tough :P

I lurk a lot

1 minute ago, peej said:

don't worry i bought something from hak5 and they used USPS to ship something to me between the 1st of Jan and the 4th of Jan there was absolute nothing updated i guess new years had something to do with it tough :P

And I was telling my brother, who was telling me that USPS Tracking info is inaccurate, that USPS info is accurate. Don't I feel dumb?

5 minutes ago, SinnVoltage said:

And I was telling my brother, who was telling me that USPS Tracking info is inaccurate, that USPS info is accurate. Don't I feel dumb?

also I'm in England so this big of the tracking I'm guessing is done by royal mail since it apparently was in transit from London to Birmingham for 4 days lol 

I lurk a lot

2 minutes ago, peej said:

also I'm in England so this big of the tracking I'm guessing is done by royal mail since it apparently was in transit from London to Birmingham for 4 days lol 

Ah. Must have gotten into at least 3 accidents along the way. Changing cars takes a lot of time :P

26 minutes ago, SinnVoltage said:

Ah. Must have gotten into at least 3 accidents along the way. Changing cars takes a lot of time :P

only 3 thats good for royal mail :P

I lurk a lot