Newbie To Water Cooling

Yo people :D

I'm thinking of moving away form AIO coolers and changing to water cooling loop.

What would be best to water cool first for a beginner , and what brand of equipment should one use .?

EK water cooling stuff for sure and when you say what would be best to water cool for a beginner what do you mean what CPU?  

I lurk a lot

5 minutes ago, Cpt.Mlem said:

Yo people :D

I'm thinking of moving away form AIO coolers and changing to water cooling loop.

What would be best to water cool first for a beginner , and what brand of equipment should one use .?

Get one of these 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

2 minutes ago, peej said:

EK water cooling stuff for sure and when you say what would be best to water cool for a beginner what do you mean what CPU?  

More like should i water block the CPU first or the GPU 

2 minutes ago, Cpt.Mlem said:

CPU is much easier to do than the GPU since GPUs require you to remove the old heatsink which depending on the card can be a right pain in the arse also finding compatible water blocks for the GPU you have maybe hard since there are so many variety of GPU even within a product family 

I lurk a lot

1 minute ago, peej said:

CPU is much easier to do than the GPU since GPUs require you to remove the old heatsink which depending on the card can be a right pain in the arse also finding compatible water blocks for the GPU you have maybe hard since there are so many variety of GPU even within a product family 

ekwb site find right gpu waterblock and you can customize it easy.

1 minute ago, begadelavela said:

ekwb site find right gpu waterblock and you can customize it easy.

yeah but cpu is still easier to do to start off with 

I lurk a lot

11 minutes ago, Cpt.Mlem said:

cpu is a lot easier (its like installing a normal cpu cooler but with gpus you have to fiddle around with the stock cooler and memory cooling pads and losing warranty but there are gpus with pre installed water blocks like the 1080 arctic storm (by zotac) and some gpu's like the 980 ti kingpin(by evga) wont take away warranty for taking out the stock cooler also if you watercool a gpu u have to remove the water block if you send it for repairs or service) and blocks are extremely varied as in each model there is a different block,for example the zotac amp extre and regular amp cards have a different water block but this is negated by the excellent ek configurator:https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/ also good tip make sure the outputs and inputs are all of the same size(they are measure by g insert fraction here threads,for example g 1/4) and also wacth jay z two cents and awesomesauce (bitwit now)s excellent video and another grate vid by jayztwocent and a practical view on it by life hacker and also just buy ek everything and get a pump and reservoir combo 

edit:pm (personal message) me if you have any doubts or need help

1 hour ago, begadelavela said:

but custom water cooling loops are stupid for only cpu.

Uh?? Please explain how they are stupid. Aside from being easier, they are ten times better than a crappy AIO and easily expanded at a later date if you so choose. You'll get the best temps possible on your CPU and given you can do this on a single rad and choose the best fans for the job, it will run virtually silent (with the right pump selection, but that can also run at a low speed). Furthermore, by keeping the GPU out the loop you will be able to upgrade this with far less hassle, and most people will always upgrade a GPU several times during the life cycle of a CPU. Also, if you have an AIB card such as the 1070 or 1080, these tend to run very quiet and cool as it is, so the performance argument given the cost and hassle is not as strong as it is for a CPU. The aesthetic argument is totally valid however, a CPU+GPU loop will always look amazing if done right, but outside of that, there is nothing stupid whatsoever about a CPU only loop. It's actually a very smart and logical way to go. I would also strongly argue that if you are on a tight budget, you are best served going this route and spending your money on quality components for the CPU only, rather than spreading your budget too thinly and cheaping out for a full loop.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

22 minutes ago, atomicus said:

Uh?? Please explain how they are stupid. Aside from being easier, they are ten times better than a crappy AIO and easily expanded at a later date if you so choose. You'll get the best temps possible on your CPU and given you can do this on a single rad and choose the best fans for the job, it will run virtually silent (with the right pump selection, but that can also run at a low speed). Furthermore, by keeping the GPU out the loop you will be able to upgrade this with far less hassle, and most people will always upgrade a GPU several times during the life cycle of a CPU. Also, if you have an AIB card such as the 1070 or 1080, these tend to run very quiet and cool as it is, so the performance argument given the cost and hassle is not as strong as it is for a CPU. The aesthetic argument is totally valid however, a CPU+GPU loop will always look amazing if done right, but outside of that, there is nothing stupid whatsoever about a CPU only loop. It's actually a very smart and logical way to go. I would also strongly argue that if you are on a tight budget, you are best served going this route and spending your money on quality components for the CPU only, rather than spreading your budget too thinly and cheaping out for a full loop.

aio for cpu is much cheaper than custom water cooling loop and it is safer and easier to install.

I think custom watercooling loops are great because of temperatures and good look but if you will spent 200$ for only cpu cooling then ok...

P.S: Nice build.

13 minutes ago, begadelavela said:

aio for cpu is much cheaper than custom water cooling loop and it is safer and easier to install.

I think custom watercooling loops are great because of temperatures and good look but if you will spent 200$ for only cpu cooling then ok...

a good aio is $100 and you can't use any of that if you later decide to put the gpu on water, for me an AIO is like renting a house (dead money - extreme example) if you have even the tiniest inkling to put your GPU on water as you then discard the AIO and have to buy the CPU loop parts anyway to put the GPU on water. You could argue to leave the AIO and add a GPU loop only, but then you're only 2 fittings and a CPU block away from a full loop anyway. Also temps are MUCH better on a good custom loop. A Corsair H80i was the road to custom loops for me as it was louder than the previous 212 Evo I had to maintain the same temps ...

As for @Cpt.Mlem - What components do you currently have and what is your budget?

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 hour ago, begadelavela said:

A high end air cooler is much cheaper still, and easier to install, plus there is no real performance benefit to an AIO over the top air coolers anyway, other than the aesthetic... but a well built custom loop (even CPU only) slams anything in that department, not to mention dominate on temps and noise levels. Yes it costs, but the best always does. An AIO is absolutely not safer... I've lost count how many threads I've read on this forum alone of them leaking, even the almighty EK Predator. Yet I can count on one hand the number of custom loops I've seen this happen with, and that is invariably down to user error or a faulty o-ring which is easily fixed. There is no expand-ability with most AIOs either, but a CPU only custom loop obviously gives you that option assuming you get a decent pump (which is hard not to unless you go super bargain basement cheap). You'd just need another rad, fittings and block, and more tubing of course. Plus you do save quite a bit of money by cutting out the GPU... less fittings, single rad, no block... that's a couple hundred you'll save. Of course, if you are on a micro budget just go air lol! From a performance/value standpoint, there is no arguing with the common sense in that. No one watercools because it's the most economical option haha! ;)

P.S Thanks :)

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti