best gaming headset?

lhikary

well i dont see many headsets on newegg that are good
so i thought why not ask YOU guys
what is the best headset out there for gaming and being comfortable and really really good for speeches, yes you heard that right i wanna hear to water drops and stuff and speeches :)
currently looking at those
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826436005
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826785063

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Real headphones and a mic will crush any gaming headset.

Spoiler

Real headphones and a mic will crush any gaming headset.

I hear that alot lately and I am wondering, what is the reason for headphones+ mic's being better than just headsets? why are they better (in other words)

well i dont see many headsets on newegg that are good

so i thought why not ask YOU guys

what is the best headset out there for gaming and being comfortable and really really good for speeches, yes you heard that right i wanna hear to water drops and stuff and speeches :)

currently looking at those

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826436005

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826785063

I am a bit confused here...

Do you mean the BEST headset or the best headset in that price range?

Because the best headsets are waaay pricier then that...

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

I hear that alot lately and I am wondering, what is the reason for headphones+ mic's being better than just headsets? why are they better (in other words)

The biggest reason is audio quality. Headsets have very cheap components, and the audio quality on your end is sacrificed in order to have a mic, and also to prevent the entire unit production to be too expensive. I have owned lots of headsets, then I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 558s, a Zalman clip-on mic, and never looked back. I'm using a much more expensive setup now, however superior audio quality can be had for much less.

Spoiler

You get bad ass headphones and a crappy mic almost for half the price . well the crappy mic may cost 6 bucks but it has good sound quality.

They're created for different purposes.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Well, any pair of audiophile headphones (Sennheisers for example) can be paired with a higher quality mic that outputs better sound than an all-in-one gaming headset.

Sent from my iGeneric using iWontStopBlabbering v7.42

Don't get headsets, they suck compared to headphones + modmic, it will give you a far superior listening experience

roccat kave are heavy as balls so no to them

simply any good stereo headphones will produce better sound, and there is the factor of if the mic breaks replace the mic, if the headphones break replace the headphones

+buy sound equipment from sound companys not gaming companys (sound companys know how to please audiophiles, whlist gaming ones dont)

yes there are megalodons (they can be worn for multiple days with that lvl of comfort) in my sig, but i use them only for gaming while for anything other than gaming i use ath-50m's

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

I've used x32's in the past and they work great 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I am a bit confused here...

Do you mean the BEST headset or the best headset in that price range?

Because the best headsets are waaay pricier then that...

really O.o like what

Don't get headsets, they suck compared to headphones + modmic, it will give you a far superior listening experience

example plz

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

Speaking as someone that is using 300 dollar headphones and an external DAC.

Get a bloody headset if that's the sort of price range you're looking for. Seriously people, telling someone to instead get a pair of headphones and a seperate mic is a terrible suggestion, it is just more expensive if you want to get an actual improvement on audio quality. And frankly modmics might sound decent, they break WAY too easily. These are different products for differnt purposes and both have their place. There is no use in being elitists.

Now for that price range I have used the Roccat, which is pretty good but does not have as good a sound quality as the Corsair Vengeance 1500s, which would be my personal recommendation for you.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816029&Tpk=corsair%20vengeance%201500

If you DO want to spend more than a hundred bucks, then consider getting a set of audio focused headphones with a mic. Like the Sennheiser 280 Pro , Very good pair for the pricing there.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

how does headphones performs in 5.1 settings anyway

headphones have better sound quality than headsets

standalone mics have better sound quality than mics on headsets

:)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

how does headphones performs in 5.1 settings anyway

The Roccat one has seperate smaller drivers (speakers) in the cups to represent directions that offer you positional audio in games, which is really quite nice in shooters and the like. IT does degrade audio quality a bit. The Vengeance 1500s use a software 7.1 which still gives you pretty good positional audio but doesn't mess with the quality, which is why I'd reccomend those over the Roccat ones.

headphones have better sound quality than headsets

standalone mics have better sound quality than mics on headsets

:)

I would disagree with the mics, gaming headset mics are generally perfectly capable and quite sturdy. IF you want a standalone mic that's better you are looking at either somethiung flimsy or something much more expensive that takes up space. As for sound quality, while that applies to SOME brands *cough* Razer *cough* sound quality on a sub 100 dollar headset will not differ significantly enough from headphones to be worth it. If you're willing to spend a little more though, headphones definitely sound better. Especially is you have a competent soundcard.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

really O.o like what

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/mmx-300-manufaktur.html

Welcome to Deutschland :) (Beyerdynamic is German just like Sennheiser ;) )

You can customize it like you want (that is why the page takes time to load) and they are in general the best headset I know off :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/mmx-300-manufaktur.html

Welcome to Deutschland :) (Beyerdynamic is German just like Sennheiser ;) )

You can customize it like you want (that is why the page takes time to load) and they are in general the best headset I know off :)

bet it sucks at fps

bet it sucks at fps

Ehm.....that doesn't make any sense >->

bet it sucks at fps

nope.avi

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Oops

Tor

Astro A50s. Easily the best gaming headset, but they're very expensive.

Although I think you should just but headphones and put a modmic on them. You'll get much better sound quality.

Astro A50s. Easily the best gaming headset, but they're very expensive.

Although I think you should just but headphones and put a modmic on them. You'll get much better sound quality.

Best gaming headset isn't saying much. Sr80i's won't be good for long gaming sessions and m50's are too expensive for what they are.

Best gaming headset isn't saying much. Sr80i's won't be good for long gaming sessions and m50's are too expensive for what they are.

I know. But I was answering OPs question.

Gaming headsets can't hold a candle to a good pair of headphones.