Mobo/HDD Malfunction

Me and my friend tried to build a computer for my friend and when ever we started it it randomly reset in a few seconds and didnt even post he is using a wd black mini hard drive a bios star mini atx ddr3 ram i3 and stock cooler, and a 420 watt power supply

2 minutes ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

Me and my friend tried to build a computer for my friend and when ever we started it it randomly reset in a few seconds and didnt even post he is using a wd black mini hard drive a bios star mini atx ddr3 ram i3 and stock cooler, and a 420 watt power supply

Full specs please? "i3" and "biostar mini atx" and "420 watt PSU" don't help. Real product names would be great. 

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

Yeah full specs would be great, even the product pages for where you bought the products would be really helpful. My friend had a similar problem, where the lights on the mobo and can would turn on and the fans would briefly spin and then the system would shut down again, happening continuously. They concluded that it was a dead mobo, so it's likely that is your problem. 

Good luck!

22 minutes ago, TARDIS737 said:

Yeah full specs would be great, even the product pages for where you bought the products would be really helpful. My friend had a similar problem, where the lights on the mobo and can would turn on and the fans would briefly spin and then the system would shut down again, happening continuously. They concluded that it was a dead mobo, so it's likely that is your problem. 

Good luck!

Yea thats what we thought too and also the hard drive was put in my computer still didnt show up

43 minutes ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

Yea thats what we thought too and also the hard drive was put in my computer still didnt show up

So you put the hard drive in your own PC and the hard drive won't show up in the BIOS? If so try switching the power and data cables with other ones if you have them, and try switching the SATA ports that the HD is connected to with different ones on the motherboard.

20 hours ago, TARDIS737 said:

So you put the hard drive in your own PC and the hard drive won't show up in the BIOS? If so try switching the power and data cables with other ones if you have them, and try switching the SATA ports that the HD is connected to with different ones on the motherboard.

Yes i tried all available sata ports, and 2 different cords which one for sure works which is connected to my dvd drive but my hard drive shows up just not his

On 04/01/2017 at 10:26 AM, Aidanlockett1 said:

Yes i tried all available sata ports, and 2 different cords which one for sure works which is connected to my dvd drive but my hard drive shows up just not his

Sounds like a dead hard drive then mate, sorry.