BF1 Performance Issues

ChrisxParkinson

Hey guys! I have a pretty solid system: 6600k, evga 1070 (with updated bios so it won't catch on fire), 16 gb ram, boot ssd, and a 1tb HDD for games and other things...

For the most part, BF1 runs near the silky smooth 144fps I'm looking for on my monitor! However, when i get into the big 64 player modes, it starts to chug! the frame rates take a huge dive and sometimes i even notice light stuttering... its weird, because in campaign with even more things going on and more things on screen I don't have any performance issues... is this more to do with networking issues? or is the HDD causing problem in this situation ?

- Chris

22 minutes ago, ChrisxParkinson said:

Hey guys! I have a pretty solid system: 6600k, evga 1070 (with updated bios so it won't catch on fire), 16 gb ram, boot ssd, and a 1tb HDD for games and other things...

For the most part, BF1 runs near the silky smooth 144fps I'm looking for on my monitor! However, when i get into the big 64 player modes, it starts to chug! the frame rates take a huge dive and sometimes i even notice light stuttering... its weird, because in campaign with even more things going on and more things on screen I don't have any performance issues... is this more to do with networking issues? or is the HDD causing problem in this situation ?

from what i've heard it has too do with the tracking of 64 players. its a bit harder on your cpu apparently but this is just what i have heard from others so take it with a grain of salt. 

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

from what i've heard it has too do with the tracking of 64 players. its a bit harder on your cpu apparently but this is just what i have heard from others so take it with a grain of salt. 

I haven't really done any extensive testing! just curious to hear if anyone else with beefy systems has run into similar problems :P

- Chris

I'm not one of those on this forum who will try to tell you you cannot play BF1 with an i5, but I don't think you can expect 144 FPS from an i5 in that game. I have a 6600K and GTX 1070 as well, and while I don't ever drop below 60 FPS, I don't think I can maintain anything above 70 or 80 very well.

If you take a look at your CPU usage, you're probably going to see all four cores at or near 100% in a 64-player match much of the time.