Replacing power supply fan

Hello guys,

I want to replace my power supply fan for a quiet one. I have the CoolerMaster G750M. The default fan has a airflow of 89.0 CFM. Do I need to replace it with a 89.0 CFM fan or can I use another fan with a different CFM. Or a fan with a higher airflow.

has to be the same physical size, i would at least use a fan that has the same CFM higher would be just fine too.  However be very careful if you want to open your power supply, there are VERY large capacitors in there that CAN kill you.

The problem is that high cfm fans are making a lot of noise. The newer version of the CoolerMaster psu only has a 35cfm fan

1 hour ago, Lucas Vlassenroot said:

Hello guys,

I want to replace my power supply fan for a quiet one. I have the CoolerMaster G750M. The default fan has a airflow of 89.0 CFM. Do I need to replace it with a 89.0 CFM fan or can I use another fan with a different CFM. Or a fan with a higher airflow.

Replacing a PSU fan requires soldering if you're not going to use a PSU fan (say, you're replacing this with a Noctua fan or the like). 

You would want to replace the fan with one that hopefully doesn't require soldering, so one from a similarly sized PSU that is quieter. It's a 120MM fan so maybe try get a replacement fan for something like an EVGA GS.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

16 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Replacing a PSU fan requires soldering if you're not going to use a PSU fan (say, you're replacing this with a Noctua fan or the like). 

You would want to replace the fan with one that hopefully doesn't require soldering, so one from a similarly sized PSU that is quieter. It's a 120MM fan so maybe try get a replacement fan for something like an EVGA GS.

I bougt a 3 pin to 2 pin fan adaptor so I dont need to solder. 

32 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

What fan do you recommend me? Because I dont know if I need a fan with a airflow of 89.0 CFM. Of can I put a fan with a lower CFM in it? Noctua fans only have a CFM of 58.

1 hour ago, Lucas Vlassenroot said:

What fan do you recommend me? Because I dont know if I need a fan with a airflow of 89.0 CFM. Of can I put a fan with a lower CFM in it? Noctua fans only have a CFM of 58.

My noctua fans have over 100 cfm. Which model are you talking about?

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler