Convert my pc screen into Stereoscopic 3D

Go to solution Solved by BugadinhoGamers,

Found a way to do ti, using ReShade Depth3D:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OSVR/comments/4nutnr/fake_3d_side_by_side_injector_for_dx_and_opengl/

It is surprisingly easy to set up Depth3D, thanks everyone for the support and leading me to the correct way.

I was making a DIY VR headset and i stumbled across a problem, how i am gonna make my HDMI output Stereoscopic 3D like the Oculus or the Vive does, so i needed a free program to do that.

I think you do require a program to do that, since stereo 3D is a technology utilized by the program, so it should be triggered by a program. As well, remember to use an HDMI cable that is v1.4 or newer because 1.4 is the oldest cable standard for HDMI that supports stereo 3D. Good luck building it!

Why don't you use image on image technique as adopted in theatres.You will need a single display and those glasses which you could integrate  into the lenses. I think that finding such an application would be a pain in the ass and if you adopt my suggestio  you could save monry to upgrade your system.

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

Yes, i have a hdmi 2.0 cable, so thats fine, but the software i dont know which one to use, thats why i am asking here

I really cant use those techniques, because they might not work with the hardware intended

2 minutes ago, BugadinhoGamers said:

Yes, i have a hdmi 2.0 cable, so thats fine, but the software i dont know which one to use, thats why i am asking here

Oh, that's the question. Ok, I'm gonna do some really quick research, since I have NO CLUE what software to use. Also, what is the content you're going to be displaying? That info can help me narrow my search scope.

1 minute ago, BugadinhoGamers said:

Mostly games and movies

Uh oh, I think those require native 3D support from the maker, since there's not enough info in each frame to convert it into stereo 3D. So, I guess you're going to have to get the 3D version of the movies, and for the games, I guess you're just at the mercy of the developer to implement that. I'll keep searching for a conversion program, but no luck so far.

1 minute ago, adithyay328 said:

IMO I would trust most of the sites that have a good UI.

Ok, problem solved for the movies, but for games not yet, i had looked up Tri Def but it is payed

1 minute ago, BugadinhoGamers said:

Ok, problem solved for the movies, but for games not yet, i had looked up Tri Def but it is payed

Uh oh. Yeah, I think there's an issue for the game side. I mean, I would pay up for the 40 since the value is amazing of VR. If that's good enough value for you is the question.

The problem is i cant really buy it right now, i was able to get Vireio Perception installed but it doesnt work.

4 minutes ago, BugadinhoGamers said:

The problem is i cant really buy it right now, i was able to get Vireio Perception installed but it doesnt work.

Understood; And The Vireio app, any idea why it don't work? 

There used to be a driver by a company called iz3d.

Laws only govern the honest.

4 minutes ago, BugadinhoGamers said:

It didnt convert the screen, i am trying to set it up right now, though no luck yet

Check the settings again I guess..I've never had this issue first hand LOL

Just now, acturisme said:

There used to be a driver by a company called iz3d.

Well, that's irrelevant essentially because it doesn't tell you game support, nor is it still supported, meaning it may not be compatible with the latest GPU drivers or games.

Just now, BugadinhoGamers said:

The thing with IZ3D is that i get confused as **** when trying to get the apropiate driver

Understood, it's complicated, which is why I tagged it as irrelevant.

1 hour ago, BugadinhoGamers said:

Found a way to do ti, using ReShade Depth3D:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OSVR/comments/4nutnr/fake_3d_side_by_side_injector_for_dx_and_opengl/

It is surprisingly easy to set up Depth3D, thanks everyone for the support and leading me to the correct way.

Thanks for linking to the answer you found.  Maybe someone else will find this useful.

Laws only govern the honest.