CPU 99-100 C

Go to solution Solved by captain cactus,
4 minutes ago, Gendy2000 said:

i did unplug the fans and tried to hear the pump but sadly it was dead silent i did not hear any noise coming from it i think its dead T-T i just bought it lol

It could be a DOA product. It happens. Contact Thermaltake (or the retailer where you bought it) and get a new one.

Hi There

So i just build my first pc and my pc worked fine with my cpu intel core i7 6700k @4.2GHZ

and i suddenly got so high temp without overclocking yet idk what is the problem i searched and someone suggested to reapply thermal paste then i did that and still the same temp and other say u may have putted the cpu chip incorrectly and i guess i did because if i did not the pc wouldn't run already right ?

it was running 49-60 c now its constant 99-100 c without any load even on bios PLEASE HELP

2 minutes ago, Gendy2000 said:

Hi There

So i just build my first pc and my pc worked fine with my cpu intel core i7 6700k @4.2GHZ

and i suddenly got so high temp without overclocking yet idk what is the problem i searched and someone suggested to reapply thermal paste then i did that and still the same temp and other say u may have putted the cpu chip incorrectly and i guess i did because if i did not the pc wouldn't run already right ?

it was running 49-60 c now its constant 99-100 c without any load even on bios PLEASE HELP

Cpu cooler?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

What cooler?

1 minute ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

Cpu cooler?

Thermaltake water 3.0 ultimate

Just now, Gendy2000 said:

Thermaltake water 3.0 ultimate

Try to run a benchmark and put your ears as close to the cpu socket as possible can you hear sound coming from the pump?

3 minutes ago, FTL said:

Try to run a benchmark and put your ears as close to the cpu socket as possible can you hear sound coming from the pump?

i cant here it because my case fans are kinda loud but when i touched the hoses i felt it vibrates then i think its functioning

1 minute ago, Gendy2000 said:

i cant here it because my case fans are kinda loud but when i touched the hoses i felt it vibrates then i think its functioning

What thermal paste do you use?

3 minutes ago, FTL said:

What thermal paste do you use?

Silver,CoolerMaster

Oh shit that hot

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.6  COOLER: Dark Rock 3 | MOBO: MSI Sli Plus Z170 | GPU: GTX 970 Ftw  | RAM: Crucial ballistix @2400MHz (16gb) (8GB) | SSD: ADATA SP550 (240GB) HDD: Seagate 1tb & 2tb  | PSU: Corsiar 600W | Case: Anidees crystal cuvbe lite Display 1x: Asus VG248QEKeyboard: Coolermaster Tk | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Sound: Blue Yeti Blackout,beyerdynamic dt 770 pro & Logitech z200

1 minute ago, Sir_TechMonkey said:

Oh shit that hot

yeah thats scary

Disconnect all other things that could possibly make noise. Hard drives, fans, even the GPU (put your display on the motherboard connector to run off of the iGPU on that i7). Then do what FTL suggested. The only possible ways for your CPU to get that batshit hot is by either a: bad mount of the cooler not making proper contact with the CPU, b: no thermal paste (which you have applied so that becomes an irrelevant point) or c: a dead pump. If you don't hear pump noises the cooler's probably dead and you'll need to RMA it. 

Ye ole' train

15 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Disconnect all other things that could possibly make noise. Hard drives, fans, even the GPU (put your display on the motherboard connector to run off of the iGPU on that i7). Then do what FTL suggested. The only possible ways for your CPU to get that batshit hot is by either a: bad mount of the cooler not making proper contact with the CPU, b: no thermal paste (which you have applied so that becomes an irrelevant point) or c: a dead pump. If you don't hear pump noises the cooler's probably dead and you'll need to RMA it. 

i did unplug the fans and tried to hear the pump but sadly it was dead silent i did not hear any noise coming from it i think its dead T-T i just bought it lol

4 minutes ago, Gendy2000 said:

It could be a DOA product. It happens. Contact Thermaltake (or the retailer where you bought it) and get a new one.

Ye ole' train