DDR4 RAM not reading properly

Go to solution Solved by RileyTheFox,
1 minute ago, Mnemosyune said:

Hey all,

I just built myself a new rig and I ran into problem with one of my DDR4 memory stick.

I bought the 4x8GB G.Skill Tridentz ram and one of them is not recognized by the board for some reason.

I have tried different slots on my X99 board and I believe it's the memory stick that is broken. Occasionally, if I stick the broken one on the board, the system won't boot.

Now, it shows I have 24gb in my bios and windows 10 even if I put it on.

Anyone knows if there is anything to do on the software side? And if not what could be done with it.

Many thanks!

RMA the memory kit, it's clearly not working.

Hey all,

I just built myself a new rig and I ran into problem with one of my DDR4 memory stick.

I bought the 4x8GB G.Skill Tridentz ram and one of them is not recognized by the board for some reason.

I have tried different slots on my X99 board and I believe it's the memory stick that is broken. Occasionally, if I stick the broken one on the board, the system won't boot.

Anyone knows if there is anything to do on the software side? And if not what could be done with it.

Many thanks!

1 minute ago, Mnemosyune said:

Hey all,

Many thanks!

RMA the memory kit, it's clearly not working.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz