Show Off Your Retro Consoles

SuperShermanTanker

For some reason I feel very lucky to have a origonal Xbox that has pretty much been unused throughout it's whole life and I only paid $30 for it when I got it over 4 years ago and even the previous owner rarely used it so it's pretty much in mint condition 

Here's how the disk drive sounds it pretty much sounds new 

And here are some pics of the system if you see any of the minor marks on it that's from it sitting in a bin for so many years unusedimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

What retro systems do you guys have and how good condition are they in?

can i call my 500GB ps4 first edition 'retro'? its already outdated

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I have a odyessy 200 and a Colecovision somewhere, been meaning to get rid of them. 

Hardly use my Genesis and PS2...

does a second "run" 40GB FAT PS3 (since the first runs where 20 and 60GB) count? thats the ONLY console I currently have but I might be about to order a One S from Walmart, they got a deal going right now where I can get a bundle of a Storm Grey 1 S 500GB with Battlefield 1 and a second controller and a 50 dollar Walmart gift card I'm thinking about getting, I already need a xbox controller for some PC games I have (I HATE keyboard navigation, I totally suck at driving and stuff with the keyboard) so it's only like an extra 200 bucks which is the going rate for a cheap 4k disc player and it will get ATMOS support in an upcoming update.

Does a Silver edition 500GB Slim PS3 (not ultra slim) considered Retro?

Just now, Bubblewhale said:

I have a odyessy 200 and a Colecovision somewhere, been meaning to get rid of them. 

Hardly use my Genesis and PS2...

That's cool I recently got one of those Atari emulator thingys for the hollidays that are shaped like the origonal Atari but say they have over 500 games on them. I wish I had one of the really old consoles it would be really neat to have. I'm currently aiming to collect the Spyro and Crash series of games and am trying to get a hold of a Playstation 2 that works and I can always dust it out and wipe it down to make it look as clean as I can but so far the only Playstation I got is a Playstation 2 that doesn't read Playstation 1 disks.

2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

does a second "run" 40GB FAT PS3 (since the first runs where 20 and 60GB) count? thats the ONLY console I currently have but I might be about to order a One S from Walmart, they got a deal going right now where I can get a bundle of a Storm Grey 1 S 500GB with Battlefield 1 and a second controller and a 50 dollar Walmart gift card I'm thinking about getting, I already need a xbox controller for some PC games I have (I HATE keyboard navigation, I totally suck at driving and stuff with the keyboard) so it's only like an extra 200 bucks which is the going rate for a cheap 4k disc player and it will get ATMOS support in an upcoming update.

I got the Xbox One S as my first Xbox after playing on a Wii U and the PC and it's a pretty good console to go along with a gaming PC as a system to just put in my room to play while laying on my bed. Too bad I only have the 500gb model though...

13 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

can i call my 500GB ps4 first edition 'retro'? its already outdated

I have a 500gb Xbox One S I feel your pain too

30 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I have a 500gb Xbox One S I feel your pain too

i sold mine before the ps4 pro was released while it was still worth something. i think you can get a new 500GB ps4 now for the price i sold it for

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

59 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

i sold mine before the ps4 pro was released while it was still worth something. i think you can get a new 500GB ps4 now for the price i sold it for

I have not filled up my Xbox's hard drive up yet because I don't have too many games on it and I mainly only play Wold of Tanks Xbox version and Forza on it so I don't have that much need for more space yet and the system has USB 3.0 so I can easily attach a external SSD and be off to the races in loading screen times

8 hours ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

What retro systems do you guys have and how good condition are they in?

I have a few. My oldest is my Atari 2600.  And it wasn't a "retro purchase," it is the one my family originally bought when I was a little kid in the early 80s. It's in good condition and still works. Both controllers, too. The only issue it has is that if you put too much downward pressure on an inserted cartridge, it won't play. But it's not hard to not be He-man when doing that. 

I have all the Nintendo consoles from N64, too. I'm currently collecting Gamecube games, and Wii from time to time. After I learn to play Fire Emblem Awakening and finish with it (I just started yesterday) I'm going to play Gamecube stuff. I recently bought Battalion Wars and I want to play it. 

I also have a Dreamcast in excellent condition.   But it's one of the systems I don't have enough space for in my living room. 

Playstation 1

Dreamcast (Japanese) hooked up to a CRT monitor via VGA box.

SNES (on my WiiU)

Playstation 2 which I don't consider retro.

Gamecube which I also don't consider retro (this is on my WiiU also)

Some of these posts are making me feel old. I consider 16-bit and older to be retro and even then I don't like saying that cause I got my SNES and Genesis new. Anyway, in the picture:

NES, original with new cartridge connector so it actually works pretty good

SNES, original

Nintendo 64, original with memory expansion pack

Nintendo GameCube, later model (no component connector)

Sony PlayStation 2, Slim, early model

IMG_20161231_215757.jpg

Not pictured:

Sony PlayStation, original, mid-model (multi-out A/V connector but still has I/O port on back). Don't have hooked up because the PS2.

Sega Genesis, original, non-"High Definition Graphics" model. Don't have hooked up because I don't have any good games for it right now.

And yes, I have entirely too much stuff for the space I have. That's what happens when you try to stick an entire house's worth for stuff into one room. All this stuff pictured, my two HDTVs, receiver/speakers/sub, newer consoles, HTPC (which you can partially see in this picture), and main PC (whose monitor's reflection can be seen in the TV) are all in this same room. Hopefully won't be an issue soon. Should be moving back into my own house/apartment within the next year. Cheap rent is nice and all but man I need some room.