No Boot - Green Light ON

toastythomas

EDIT:   It was a super simple mistake and I'm really stupid. I was trying to turn on the computer through the "I/O headers" even though it was not the I/O header. Took me three hours and lots of stress to figure that out. Intel motherboards even color code the I/O headers. The real one on the mobo was on the bottom right and the "fake" one was in the middle of the bottom. Don't be silly.

I just transferred my PC components to my new custom wooden case and now nothing is turning on. The motherboard LED is on though. I don't know what else to provide. It was all working before but now it's not. I have a hunch that I damaged something in the process of transferring. 

Remember to drink water!

Myanimelist | F@H stats |

Spoiler

| CPU: I7-4790k OC'D to 4.5Ghz | GPU: GTX 970 | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2 x 8 GBS (stock 2133Mhz) OC'd | Case : NZXT Phantom 410 | Displays: Asus VG248QE 24" & VE228TR 21.5" | PSU: Corsair CP-9020077-UK 650W | CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H55 | Storage: ? Kingston 240 GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB  | Keyboard: Logitech 213 Prodigy | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Headphones: Sennheiser hd380 pro | Mic: MXL 550 | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

2 minutes ago, Verrierr said:

Honestly it could be something as stupid as power button.

How would I test without the power button?

Remember to drink water!

8 minutes ago, toastythomas said:

Nvm tried it and nothing.

Remember to drink water!

It'd be hard to find out what's damaged without going through the debugging steps such as swapping out hardware and testing hardware on a test bench/other pc.

Myanimelist | F@H stats |

Spoiler

| CPU: I7-4790k OC'D to 4.5Ghz | GPU: GTX 970 | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2 x 8 GBS (stock 2133Mhz) OC'd | Case : NZXT Phantom 410 | Displays: Asus VG248QE 24" & VE228TR 21.5" | PSU: Corsair CP-9020077-UK 650W | CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H55 | Storage: ? Kingston 240 GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB  | Keyboard: Logitech 213 Prodigy | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Headphones: Sennheiser hd380 pro | Mic: MXL 550 | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

14 minutes ago, toastythomas said:

You use a jumper or short pins out on the motherboard 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

12 minutes ago, Faster_Speeding said:

It'd be hard to find out what's damaged without going through the debugging steps such as swapping out hardware and testing hardware on a test bench/other pc.

I tested it with a different power supply. Same issue. How to troubleshoot a motherboard?

Remember to drink water!

37 minutes ago, Verrierr said:

Honestly it could be something as stupid as power button.

21 minutes ago, Faster_Speeding said:

Okay update. I was fooling around when I was halfway plugging in the 24 pin, the CPU cooler and power supply fans spin up. They blink as the green light is blinking but when I plug in all the way they stop. Wtf

Remember to drink water!