PS4 to PS4 Pro migration

BeeWallz

Hi all. 

Looking for some help with an upgrade to PS4 Pro. 

I have an existing PS4 manually upgraded to a 2TB hard drive. Switching this drive into the PS4 Pro prompts me to reinstall a system update. If this is done, will it totally wipe the drive and install a fresh OS or will it keep all my installed games?

So far I've used the 'Transfer from another PS4' tool to move all my content from the 2TB onto the prescribed 1TB drive the Pro comes with- but once this drive is popped into my (old) PS4 it again required me to do a software update. 

Ultimately the first question will set up the answer for the rest of my query but does anyone have any ideas as to how to make this any easier? Always though swapping the drive would just work as it's already got an existing OS installed- all (in theory) it needs to do is boot it. 

Would appreciate any suggestions from

any help folks! 

Didn't know if there was an easier way other than all listed in the above video, fixed by just backing up to external hard drive, fresh booting the 2TB whilst in the Pro and restored the data afterwards. 

At least now I know each drive has a unique serial to it's installed PS4 so thank you for the link my friend! Very much appreciated.