Help, Reset this pc stuck at motherboard boot screen

ScaryLarry38

Today, December 29th, 2016, My brother and I replaced his motherboard on his pc to fit a cpu cooler onto his cpu bc he had a prebuilt motherboard. Then after the pc was working and the cpu was cooler, we decided to "reset this pc" so after the fact that we initiated the reset process we did not know, after a major hardware change that you needed to connect your windows 10 copy with the device in order for the windows 10 to start up and reconize your hardware in order to reset. So we "reset this pc" and the computer has been stuck at the mobo screen (ASRock) with the windows 10 loading dots under it for 2 hours now, is it just reinstaling windows 10? or is windows 10 not reconizing the hardware. Please any help would be greatly appreciated

Side note, My brother has the Windows 10 key on his phone that he can get from his windows 10 account.

There is definitely an issue with the recovery environment (RE).  I would recommend just reformatting and reinstalling Windows from scratch.

14 minutes ago, PCGeek said:

There is definitely an issue with the recovery environment (RE).  I would recommend just reformatting and reinstalling Windows from scratch.

How does one reformat and reinstall from scratch? would I need a windows 10 boot drive?

3 minutes ago, ScaryLarry38 said:

How does one reformat and reinstall from scratch? would I need a windows 10 boot drive?

You would need an installation disc either on DVD or USB.

SOLVED: somehow when we turned it off and on it booted up into the windows 10 installer with the big percentage wheel, strange things come out of hardware sometimes :D

Do you know what the models of the parts you changed?

If you needed to change the motherboard to fit a cooler, you may have also gotten another socket perhaps? and if so that usually involves another chip-set. Which will usually require a re-install.

Back-up any important data!

And boot to your windows 10 CD/DVD

Oh awesome! Glad to hear!

Be sure to get the latest drivers for that motherboard from the website! Have a great one!