OK I bought a new MOBO and CPU today, got the GC 8350 from fax 6300, now using gigabyte 970a ud3p instead of my old MSI 970a g43, when I boot all peripherals light up, all fans spin up, but the screen will show bios for 1 second then my mouse for 1 second then black screen, this is an upgrade so should I be reinstalling something?

You need to re-install the operating system with a motherboard change. You can keep your files during the install as an option, it is just required that you reinstall it.

What operating system were you using?

5 minutes ago, ModerateSkill said:

You need to re-install the operating system with a motherboard change. You can keep your files during the install as an option, it is just required that you reinstall it.

What operating system were you using?

The reason Windows can fail to load on a board swap is because it doesn't have the proper drivers for the storage controller. If he's going from a 970 board to another there should be no reason to reinstall.

OP try going into your BIOS and making sure your boot order is set correctly.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Check if you connected everything properly and first boot into bios to setup your boot device and make sure you set up IDE/AHCI otherwise your hard drive might not be detected

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T |Asus M4A88T-M |A-DATA 8 GB(4x2) @1333|Asus R7 360 2G OC|Asus TA-M1|Hitachi 7211 1TB|Fortron 460W|Windows 10 pro 64

thanks for the help guys, i did these things, sadly i cant even get to bois when i boot it just goes black, i went back to my old MOBO and the new CPU worked fine, so im sending back the MOBO for refund and keeping this one.

i didnt know how to do that, nor  could i TBH i couldnt get on, couldnt boot to bios nothing just on flash and black

thanks for help though

5 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

To enable AM3+ AMD FX-Series CPU support, please update your motherboard with the most current BIOS found in your motherboard’s download section  quote their site. Update your BIOS.

This board came out well after AM3+ launched. It has native support. He couldn't update the BIOS if he tried anyway, because there is no newer firmware available on Gigabyte's websute than the launch BIOS apart from some Beta firmware.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

But that's what it says directly on their site? In red and everything? http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4717#ov

I think that's just something generic that gets put on all of their AM3/+ board's pages, even though it'll work with the FX chips out of the box (the FX logo is even on the box!).

this is true^ but it didnt work so im getting refund anyway so no worries :), my old MOBO works great