Good hdmi cords

ethan44adams

I just finished building my parents a computer and it is in their office. They want to run a hdmi cord from the office out to the living room to a 4k tv for watching movies, I am looking for a good hdmi cord to use for this I need at least a 50 FT cord.

Make sure to get hdmi 2.0 as it utilizes 4k much better than hdmi 1.4 . Then make sure its specifications meet that of 50 feet.

CPU: i7-6700K | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2666 Memory

Solid State Drives: Two PNY 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drives | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | Case: Thermaltake Core V71 ATX Full Tower Case.

PCPartPicker

I'm not sure you can have such a long run without some powered things to keep the signal going between shorter cables...

I'd recommend getting a machine to stream to closer to the TV, that way you could *certainly* get a cable that'd work.

Sig under construction.

5 minutes ago, ethan44adams said:

I just finished building my parents a computer and it is in their office. They want to run a hdmi cord from the office out to the living room to a 4k tv for watching movies, I am looking for a good hdmi cord to use for this I need at least a 50 FT cord.

Here are some good ones:

http://www.mycablemart.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=5377&gclid=Cj0KEQiA4o3DBRCJsZqh8vWqt_8BEiQA2Fw0efZnd7fdSMtO0y3tnGj3X7ig5igUFNGw9v7FA9tgoz8aAhlY8P8HAQ

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=882018&gclid=Cj0KEQiA4o3DBRCJsZqh8vWqt_8BEiQA2Fw0eQXntQky4E_9IqaW4tB1sIGt_CcHzSOpsET9YXuJRqcaAnlv8P8HAQ&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051677562%2C&A=details&Q=

CPU: i7-6700K | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2666 Memory

Solid State Drives: Two PNY 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drives | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | Case: Thermaltake Core V71 ATX Full Tower Case.

PCPartPicker

HDMI Spec limits HDMI cords to 45ft. But for 1080p, some people try to stick under 25ft for 1080p. You will probably want to get an extender to be able to maintain good quality for 4k. 

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

HDMI Spec limits HDMI cords to 45ft. But for 1080p, some people try to stick under 25ft for 1080p. You will probably want to get an extender to be able to maintain good quality for 4k. 

Well, a few extenders going by that logic.

Sig under construction.

Just now, SCGazelle said:

yeah... Another option is to get a fibre optic cable like this one:

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=13700

I don't have any experience with them but I imagine think they have very little signal loss

Well if we can judge by the LTT videos that involve Corning's optical cables then they're gonna be great.

Heh, that's not hugely expensive!

Sig under construction.