Diecast car inside a PC case a good idea?

Sup folks,

I'm planning my new PC build named "A Faster Horse" (after the similarly named documentary, and Henry Ford's quote about horses or something).
I want this PC to be car-themed, and more specifically Ford Mustang themed (plz no hate). I found an awesome model car to put in my case (see image), as it is chrome/silver (I know there's no such thing as chrome paint, I know chrome is a metal and not a colour, but I'll still be calling it "chrome paint") and will reflect case LEDs very nicely, I imagine.

However I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea, as it's made from diecast metal, which is rather conductive (I think, I looked it up and it has a metal conductivity of 25%IACS - I've got no clue what that means).

Of course it's got rubber tyres, so I'm not worried about it sitting atop the GPU, however I'm afraid it might roll off of the GPU and touch, say, the motherboard, and cause an electric short.

So does anyone have any advice? Does anyone know what a metal conductivity of 25%IACS means?

If you've got a diecast model in your case, I would love to know your experience!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
TJ

Image:

Ford-Mustang-350GT---Silver-Cars---1.jpg

I would definitely not put that on the GPU. If you have a case with a basement where you can place something on top of it (like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146190 or the Phanteks Evolv ATX)  that's the better option.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

If your case has a PSU shroud you can sit it on there, but thats the only place i'd personally put one.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

17 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

I would definitely not put that on the GPU. If you have a case with a basement where you can place something on top of it (like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146190 or the Phanteks Evolv ATX)  that's the better option.

Actually, that's not such a bad idea, I've got a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX, which has a small metal bridge on which I could place it (image)Phanteks_Enthoo_Evolv_ITX_19.JPG

11 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

If your case has a PSU shroud you can sit it on there, but thats the only place i'd personally put one.

I forgot to mention it's an ITX-case, so directly above the PSU shroud is the GPU

29 minutes ago, ThomJV said:

Ford Mustang themed (plz no hate).

When your PC crashes and takes out a crowd of people...

jk, but electrically the car is probably fine. Most model cars have clear coat over the paint so you should be covered there(edit: lol the pun). I would just secure the car wherever you place it, since PC's tend to be moved and bumped. You can place the car on the GPU, although I would avoid it due to thermal reasons(meh) and to prevent even more GPU sag(and depending on the weight of the car, it could strain the card/slot).

2 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

thermal reasons(meh)

Would it also make a difference on a GPU with a blower fan? As those exhaust the hot air out of the back, not into the case.

And GPU sag, that's something I didn't think about, although it's probably not that heavy.

2 minutes ago, ThomJV said:

Would it also make a difference on a GPU with a blower fan? As those exhaust the hot air out of the back, not into the case.

And GPU sag, that's something I didn't think about, although it's probably not that heavy.

I mean, thermally it should be fine, but I can see the car acting as an insulator(it would only effect temps by 1-2ish degrees on components like VRAM and VRMs).

8 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

I mean, thermally it should be fine, but I can see the car acting as an insulator(it would only effect temps by 1-2ish degrees on components like VRAM and VRMs).

I decided to try some positions with a similarly scaled car and found there's quite a lot of space between thesidepanel and where the GPU would sit  (little bit wider than the PCI-E brackets). This should be fine right? (Although it might block the Geforce logo, or whatever else is on the side of the GPU)

20161228_205422.jpg