Video editing

Go to solution Solved by elm23,
2 minutes ago, Bilal.k said:

Okay what about this build?

Intel® Core i7-6700 Processor

16GB RAM & 2TB HD + DVD/RW

Intel® HD Graphics

That thing should be great. My school uses systems with nearly identical specs to that beyond the HDD. It should eat through Premiere with no issues on light to somewhat heavy work.

Hi, im kinda new here, hopefully this is the right forum for this, but i need help i want to do video editing on softwares such as premier pro and after effects and i need someone to basically tell me if not only redering times but most importantly the actual editing experience will be good. I have a slower computer and editing is pain in the backside not only rendering times but editing clips takes a long time and the program keeps crashing. I will be using the following as a setup

Intel® Core™ i5-6400 Processor
- Quad-core
- 2.7 GHz / 3.3 GHz with TurboBoost
- 6 MB cache

8 GB (8 GB maximum installable RAM

AMD Radeon R5-330 (2 GB DDR3

3 TB HDD, 5400 rpm
- 128 GB SSD

And P.S what is turbo boost on a cpu? Is it a overclock setting or is it something completely different?? xD

That set up will do fine for entry level editing/rendering, I edit on an i5 6600, with a gtx 1060 6gb and 16 gbs of ram rending a 5 minute video only took about 20 minutes at 1080p 30 frames, editing is not a pain and goes pretty smoothly. If you get into more crazy things you will need more ram, a faster cpu with more cores. 

EDIT:

That 5400 rpm hdd will prolly make you want to shoot yourself. Fast drives makes a huge difference in editing/rendering.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

2 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

That set up will do fine for entry level editing/rendering, I edit on an i5 6600, with a gtx 1060 6gb and 16 gbs of ram rending a 5 minute video only took about 20 minutes at 1080p 30 frames, editing is not a pain and goes pretty smoothly. If you get into more crazy things you will need more ram, a faster cpu with more cores. 

What do you mean in terms of more crazy stuff? Im currently working on title animation a music video editing ect. Will this be good? And how much do you expect the price range of this setup would be? Thanks

5 minutes ago, Bilal.k said:

What do you mean in terms of more crazy stuff? Im currently working on title animation a music video editing ect. Will this be good? And how much do you expect the price range of this setup would be? Thanks

By crazy I mean like 4k 60 fps and long videos with a lot of effects. Title animation, music and basic 1080p edits should be fine.

Edited by jeffmeyer5295
Funky punctuation fixed.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

18 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

By crazy I mean like 4k 60 fps and long videos with a lot of effects. Title animation, music and basic 1080p edits should be fine.

Thanks alot for the help and one final thing... Running adobe software will my cpu be able to handle it well?  

Just now, Bilal.k said:

Thanks alot for the help and one final thing... Running adobe software will my cpu be able to handle it well?  

Yes it should run it fine on the i5-6400.

You should be good with what you have. Render times should be about a minute or so longer than the final project unless you have lots of effects and layers. I personally edit on a laptop with integrated HD 4000 graphics, a 3rd gen. hyperthreaded quadcore i7 stuck at 2.2 ghz with no TurboBoost, 8gb ram and a 7200 RPM 1 tb drive with no problems in Vegas. To speed up your render times try rendering to and from your SSD and then moving your whole project to your HDD once you're totally done as well as looking around in Premiere for something similar to GPU assistance during rendering to help your CPU out a bit. To make your edit smoother try lowering your preview resolution and caching your project to RAM now and then. The shortcut for that in premiere should be "return" or "enter."

36 minutes ago, Bilal.k said:

Hi, im kinda new here, hopefully this is the right forum for this, but i need help i want to do video editing on softwares such as premier pro and after effects and i need someone to basically tell me if not only redering times but most importantly the actual editing experience will be good. I have a slower computer and editing is pain in the backside not only rendering times but editing clips takes a long time and the program keeps crashing. I will be using the following as a setup

Intel® Core™ i5-6400 Processor
- Quad-core
- 2.7 GHz / 3.3 GHz with TurboBoost
- 6 MB cache

8 GB (8 GB maximum installable RAM

AMD Radeon R5-330 (2 GB DDR3

3 TB HDD, 5400 rpm
- 128 GB SSD

And P.S what is turbo boost on a cpu? Is it a overclock setting or is it something completely different?? xD

Intel® HD Graphics

2 minutes ago, Bilal.k said:

Intel® HD Graphics

That thing should be great. My school uses systems with nearly identical specs to that beyond the HDD. It should eat through Premiere with no issues on light to somewhat heavy work.