Ubiquitii AP PRO

Go to solution Solved by harry4742,

okay standard network setup looks like this 

your ISP line (modem) goes into your router/firewall here security gateway (ill call it router)

then there is a switch because your router dosnet have enough ports

then the AP goes to the Switch just as any other wired device (like your PC) 

now your router has to tell your clients (pcs notebooks phones cloud-key...) who he is (DHCP Server) so your pc needs the IP address of your router as Gatewayaddress and it needs the ip of a DNS-Server (like 8.8.8.8 for google)

your router might also need information about your connection to the ISP and did you throw out your ISPs router, if not the problem might be NAT

Good morning,

I bought a Ubiquiti AP AC PRO from amazon with the security gateway and cloud key thing. My Point of Sale company recommended the access point. I am having a hell of a time with the thing. I thought the security gateway worked like a switch. After talking to customer service they said no. So I bought a switch, then I got the AP hooked up and had wireless reading on my pc's wireless and my phone's but there was no internet. I tried to set it up through the installer and had no luck. So I emailed customer support again and they said to hook up the security gateway too. So I now have the security gateway and AP set up but the AP has a solid white line and in the software it is reading disconnected and the security gate isn't even showing up. Do I need a wireless router in addition to the switch? Am I missing another hard ware piece I am missing? Is there a way to set up without the unifi software? This is my first experience with the ubiquiti system. I am no expert when it comes to networks so I thought I would see if anyone has any recommendations.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

your ISP line (modem) goes into your router/firewall here security gateway (ill call it router)

now your router has to tell your clients (pcs notebooks phones cloud-key...) who he is (DHCP Server) so your pc needs the IP address of your router as Gatewayaddress and it needs the ip of a DNS-Server (like 8.8.8.8 for google)

your router might also need information about your connection to the ISP and did you throw out your ISPs router, if not the problem might be NAT

22 minutes ago, harry4742 said:

I currently am upgrading my buildings power panel box and will be down for a couple hours but I will set up everything as you have listed and once power is on again I'll see if it works.