Switch 525gb mx300 raid 0 for 1tb ssd?

I just bought 2 525gb mx300s for a total of $150, which seems like a great deal - am currently waiting for the package to arrive. I am not sure if having these 2 ssds in raid 0 will help my game load times and just general use or if I should try selling those for some profit (local prices in my country are skyhigh) and try buying a higher end 1tb ssd like a 850 evo. On a sidenote it is ok with me if the ssds fail within the warranty period as all they are going to be storing are games and I have no issue downloading them again - my important data is all on my nas. 

a 850 evo isn't exactly any more high end tho...

I'd say just go with a JBOD format so you have 1TB of storage space on 2 separate drives as frankly raid 0 isn't really worth it :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

On 28/12/2016 at 10:21 PM, Mr.Meerkat said:

a 850 evo isn't exactly any more high end tho...

I'd say just go with a JBOD format so you have 1TB of storage space on 2 separate drives as frankly raid 0 isn't really worth it :P 

Why would you recommend jbod over raid 0? Shouldn't raid 0 perform better in all scenarios? (Data loss is not important to me at all) Also with the current prices in my country (people selling used 256gb ssds for $100!!!!) I might be able to snag a 850 pro instead of an evo. If so would it be recommended to go with a higher end, single ssd instead? 

4 hours ago, xxxGODxxx said:

Why would you recommend jbod over raid 0?

Because unless you're editing video or transferring large files between those raid 0 drives and another set of raid 0 or an NVMe drive, you will not notice a speed difference for gaming or general purpose scenarios (such as browsing the interwebz). 

4 hours ago, xxxGODxxx said:

Also with the current prices in my country (people selling used 256gb ssds for $100!!!!) I might be able to snag a 850 pro instead of an evo. If so would it be recommended to go with a higher end, single ssd instead? 

Speeds seems to be very important for you...I don't know the pricing for your country but at least in the UK, a NVMe drive is more or less as expensive as a 850 pro so...maybe get one of those? :D (assuming your motherboard can support one).

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)