Triple Monitors

Zolfe

I was wondering which would be the best setup of monitors for me I will be editing and gaming on the middle one on tight console gaming and on left other things such as doing school work or the occasional stream.

First Setup

Second Setup

Third Setup

PC Build

Ryzen 1800x

Asus Strix 1080ti

G-Skill Trident z RGB 32gb 3200mhz

Gigabyte K7 motherboard

NZXT Kraken x62

EVGA Supernova P2 850w

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG

SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 1tb

Seagate Barracuda 3tb

Gigabyte WiFi and Bluetooth Card

x3 NZXT Aer RGB Fans

NZXT Hue

I personally would go with the 3x27inch monitors, just cause mismatches sizes would drive me crazy. But thats just me. 

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

4 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

I personally would go with the 3x27inch monitors, just cause mismatches sizes would drive me crazy. But thats just me. 

I thought the same thing at first but I saw a set up with two 24 inch on the sides and it looked pretty good

PC Build

Ryzen 1800x

Asus Strix 1080ti

Gigabyte K7 motherboard

NZXT Kraken x62

EVGA Supernova P2 850w

SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 1tb

Seagate Barracuda 3tb

x3 NZXT Aer RGB Fans

NZXT Hue

2 minutes ago, Zolfe said:

I thought the same thing at first but I saw a set up with two 24 inch on the sides and it looked pretty good

Yeah I'm sure it looks great but if you ever wanted to tri monitor gaming or anything that shares screens you will be beating your head against the wall.

To me the even-ness of the monitors is very important xD again thats just my opinion :D 

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

Before I tell you what to get lemme give you some things to think about:

• Consoles don't support 1440p as far as I know so you would be best off with a 1080p screen or if you really want a hi-res screen, then a 4k one. 1080p does not scale well with 1440p.
  • Consoles rarely will be able to go over 60fps so getting a higher hz monitor is a waste of money. So ideally, your console monitor should be a 1080p 60hz monitor.
  • You might already know this but a 34" ultrawide pairs nicely with a 27" 16:9 so I would aim to get a those if mixing those aspect-ratios.You can use this site to see how it would roughly look (http://www.tvcalculator.com)
  • If you ever want to do triple monitor gaming then all 3 monitors should have the same amount of pixels vertically and should ideally have the same physical height.

So I would get the 1st setup

If you want them all to match, then consider--

1x Dell S2716DG + 2x  Dell U2715H

I am running an X34 and 2x Dell U2415  

The U2715H's would look better but my side monitors only show game clients, chat clients, and videos.

IMG_0091.JPG

28 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Before I tell you what to get lemme give you some things to think about:

• Consoles don't support 1440p as far as I know so you would be best off with a 1080p screen or if you really want a hi-res screen, then a 4k one. 1080p does not scale well with 1440p.
  • Consoles rarely will be able to go over 60fps so getting a higher hz monitor is a waste of money. So ideally, your console monitor should be a 1080p 60hz monitor.
  • You might already know this but a 34" ultrawide pairs nicely with a 27" 16:9 so I would aim to get a those if mixing those aspect-ratios.You can use this site to see how it would roughly look (http://www.tvcalculator.com)
  • If you ever want to do triple monitor gaming then all 3 monitors should have the same amount of pixels vertically and should ideally have the same physical height.

So I would get the 1st setup

Yeah I was thinking the first one also. The one with the Asus monitors is jayztwocents setup so I put in there just to see what people would say and I know that's consoles go 1080p 60 fps that's why I have the two 1080p monitors and I don't like the idea of gaming on more than one monitor and I think that 100 fps would be enough for gaming for me I'm not that competitive in shooters and I'm not that into racing games. So I think I'll go with the first setup but do you think 100 fps is enough for games?

SORRY IF ANY MISSPELLS IM ON MY PHONE AT THE MOMENT

PC Build

Ryzen 1800x

Asus Strix 1080ti

Gigabyte K7 motherboard

NZXT Kraken x62

EVGA Supernova P2 850w

SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 1tb

Seagate Barracuda 3tb

x3 NZXT Aer RGB Fans

NZXT Hue

8 minutes ago, Zolfe said:

Yeah I was thinking the first one also. The one with the Asus monitors is jayztwocents setup so I put in there just to see what people would say and I know that's consoles go 1080p 60 fps that's why I have the two 1080p monitors and I don't like the idea of gaming on more than one monitor and I think that 100 fps would be enough for gaming for me I'm not that competitive in shooters and I'm not that into racing games. So I think I'll go with the first setup but do you think 100 fps is enough for games?

SORRY IF ANY MISSPELLS IM ON MY PHONE AT THE MOMENT

It is definitely a good step up from 60hz so it would be worth it

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

It is definitely a good step up from 60hz so it would be worth it

Yeah I am coming from consoles so I would see a step up. So 100 hz means the highest I can get is 100 fps right and gsync I have heard helps a lot or is it just a gimmick I have heard multiple things. And thanks for the replys

PC Build

Ryzen 1800x

Asus Strix 1080ti

Gigabyte K7 motherboard

NZXT Kraken x62

EVGA Supernova P2 850w

SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 1tb

Seagate Barracuda 3tb

x3 NZXT Aer RGB Fans