Strange internet problem with my computer

So recently my computer has been having a weird seemingly random problem and I can't figure out why its happening or what I could have possibly done to let/make this happen.

So before I get started just to let you know it is plugged in by ethernet cable to the modem as well as one other computer that does not have this problem.

So recently my computer seems to be losing internet connection, kinda. It seems to be randomly after a certian amount of time of the computer being on sometimes a few hours sometimes 2 days, kinda looses it's connection. My TeamSpeak will stay connected and still allow me to talk and listen to people and my steam shows me still connected but if I try to play a game it can't connect, and most/all web pages won't load. Most of the time YouTube will still work and load and allow me to watch videos but Google won't and just says "page cannot be reached."

After this happens it seems to be fine if I restart my PC 

Anyone got any clue?

It's happened at time of this post so if fast replies I can try stuff while it's kinda lost connection.

Thanks in advance

That is quite peculiar.  It could be anything from flaky drivers, to some malware running some bot on your PC.  I would recommend you look at routing issues when the problem occurs and also see if you still have the IP and didn't lose the DHCP lease.  The other thing to look at is if you have any proxy settings in our network configuration.  I doubt this is the issue otherwise it wouldn't work at all but it wouldn't hurt just checking.

11 minutes ago, GrimPod said:

So recently my computer has been having a weird seemingly random problem and I can't figure out why its happening or what I could have possibly done to let/make this happen.

So before I get started just to let you know it is plugged in by ethernet cable to the modem as well as one other computer that does not have this problem.

So recently my computer seems to be losing internet connection, kinda. It seems to be randomly after a certian amount of time of the computer being on sometimes a few hours sometimes 2 days, kinda looses it's connection. My TeamSpeak will stay connected and still allow me to talk and listen to people and my steam shows me still connected but if I try to play a game it can't connect, and most/all web pages won't load. Most of the time YouTube will still work and load and allow me to watch videos but Google won't and just says "page cannot be reached."

After this happens it seems to be fine if I restart my PC 

Anyone got any clue?

It's happened at time of this post so if fast replies I can try stuff while it's kinda lost connection.

Thanks in advance

does restarting your modem and router help? 

10 minutes ago, PCGeek said:

That is quite peculiar.  It could be anything from flaky drivers, to some malware running some bot on your PC.  I would recommend you look at routing issues when the problem occurs and also see if you still have the IP and didn't lose the DHCP lease.  The other thing to look at is if you have any proxy settings in our network configuration.  I doubt this is the issue otherwise it wouldn't work at all but it wouldn't hurt just checking.

Sorry not quite sure on how to do this. But if it is as u said and I would lose all connection I doubt it cos as I said I can still talk on TS and to friends on steam,  Even see them launch games.so something is there just not fully.

12 minutes ago, tlink said:

Didn't actually try that might try it soon.

But first is there anything I should check while it's like this, incase that fixes the issue for tonight.

Sounds like the IP problem that one windows 10 update had. Updating your windows 10 should fix the problem.

I can't find a link to the official problem and solution, but I read it somewhere a few weeks ago.

Every once in a while your computer needs a new lease from the router for an IP-address. When it expires, windows does not ask for a new lease. Restarting your pc, connection or router forces the lease to be renewed. 

2 minutes ago, GrimPod said:

Sorry not quite sure on how to do this. But if it is as u said and I would lose all connection I doubt it cos as I said I can still talk on TS and to friends on steam,  Even see them launch games.so something is there just not fully.

Didn't actually try that might try it soon.

But first is there anything I should check while it's like this, incase that fixes the issue for tonight.

When the network connection issue comes up, try to open an elevated command prompt and run: "netstat -an".  This should give you a view of any active connections.  To troubleshoot routing do the following:

1. Determine an address you have trouble accessing (i.e. www.google.com)
  2. Open an elevated Command Prompt and run: tracert <your troubled site> (i.e. tracert www.google.com)
  3. See how many hops you get before timeout.  If there is an issue on your machine it should happen before it even gets to your router.

The other to determine is if there is an issue with DNS resolution on your machine when the issue happens.  Try to ping your router to see if you get a response.  This will also be determined when you run the tracert in step 2.

42 minutes ago, PCGeek said:

When the network connection issue comes up, try to open an elevated command prompt and run: "netstat -an".  This should give you a view of any active connections.  To troubleshoot routing do the following:

1. Determine an address you have trouble accessing (i.e. www.google.com)
  2. Open an elevated Command Prompt and run: tracert <your troubled site> (i.e. tracert www.google.com)
  3. See how many hops you get before timeout.  If there is an issue on your machine it should happen before it even gets to your router.

The other to determine is if there is an issue with DNS resolution on your machine when the issue happens.  Try to ping your router to see if you get a response.  This will also be determined when you run the tracert in step 2.

Did the tracert and it did 6 steps the 7th timed out and then did an 8th and also did the netstat -an and my ipv4 address shows up.

45 minutes ago, Fancyland said:

Sounds like the IP problem that one windows 10 update had. Updating your windows 10 should fix the problem.

I can't find a link to the official problem and solution, but I read it somewhere a few weeks ago.

Every once in a while your computer needs a new lease from the router for an IP-address. When it expires, windows does not ask for a new lease. Restarting your pc, connection or router forces the lease to be renewed. 

In saying that shouldn't unplugging my ethernet cable and reincerting that resolve this issue, as I've tried unplugging+plugging it back in and nothing. I know restart the computer fixes it. Haven't tried the router yet.

3 hours ago, tlink said:

No it doesnt. Just tried

23 minutes ago, GrimPod said:

No it doesnt. Just tried

Actually not to sure on that as I had just also restarted my PC and it didn't come back so tried unpluging+plugging in my ethernet cable and now it's working so not sure if I didn't fully put it back in or that fixedd it 

17 hours ago, Fancyland said:

Used settings menu to see if there wes a new update for windows and it says I'm up to date

4 hours ago, GrimPod said:

Used settings menu to see if there wes a new update for windows and it says I'm up to date

Could you check which update you have installed?

start -> check for updates -> update history

Check if  KB3206632  has been installed.

On 28/12/2016 at 10:01 PM, Fancyland said:

Could you check which update you have installed?

start -> check for updates -> update history

Check if  KB3206632  has been installed.

Yeah that update was successfully installed on the 16/12/2016