How to remove Xbox account from Microsoft account

EunSoo

Hi, I'm in line for Microsoft support but while I'm waiting I was wondering if any of you guys knew if this was possible. Basically, I want to separate my Xbox account from my Microsoft account. I can't just change the email of my Xbox account because it takes me to the Microsoft account page and I can't change that. My Microsoft account is tied to too many things and is my primary email so I can't lose that. So is there a way to make the Xbox gamer tag go to a different Microsoft account without messing with the Microsoft account? This was probably really vague so if you need clarification please comment. I'm probably in the wrong subforum too.Thanks

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account-on-xbox-360

Is this what you are looking for?

In short you have to do the following:
1. Create a new Microsoft Account. DO NOT use this account to sign in to the Xbox App in Windows 10 (yet).
Because then you will be assigned a random gamertag, and will have to restart the process again.
2. Wait for 30 days.
3. Now you can use the Xbox 360 to transfer the gamertag to the new Microsoft account you created in step 1.

17 hours ago, JordanMihailov said:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account-on-xbox-360

Is this what you are looking for?

In short you have to do the following:
1. Create a new Microsoft Account. DO NOT use this account to sign in to the Xbox App in Windows 10 (yet).
Because then you will be assigned a random gamertag, and will have to restart the process again.
2. Wait for 30 days.
3. Now you can use the Xbox 360 to transfer the gamertag to the new Microsoft account you created in step 1.

sorry for the late reply. I didn't see it in my notification thing. I am using an XBox one. I talked to a MS person and they said that there was no way. I wanted to move a used xbox account to another email. You apparently can't move gamertags to another account because they want to stop people from selling gamertags.