Crossfire Bridge temperature?

Atomos

How hot would the outside of a crossfire Bridge get using a 4790k, r7 370, and r9 270x? I'm doing a mod and i want to guarantee that there is no chance of combustion. It involves using black duct tape on the top of a flexible crossfire Bridge.

No more than the temperature of the inside of your case, it's not passing massive amounts of energy across the bridge so it shouldn't heat up much if anything at all.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Atomos said:

How hot would the outside of a crossfire Bridge get using a 4790k, r7 370, and r9 270x? I'm doing a mod and i want to guarantee that there is no chance of combustion. It involves using black duct tape on the top of a flexible crossfire Bridge.

SLI/Crossfire bridges shouldn't get too hot, but I'd recommend not using two different cards in SLI/Crossfire as the more powerful card will perform equal to the weaker card, so you'll lose performance on the better card.

6 minutes ago, Lurick said:

No more than the temperature of the inside of your case, it's not passing massive amounts of energy across the bridge so it shouldn't heat up much if anything at all.

It's just passing data not power. So yeah what ^^^ said is correct.

5 minutes ago, Obersachse said:

SLI/Crossfire bridges shouldn't get too hot, but I'd recommend not using two different cards in SLI/Crossfire as the more powerful card will perform equal to the weaker card, so you'll lose performance on the better card.

Also true.  Why the different cards?

After 5 minutes of research this might work just fine.  Very similar performance.  Hmmm.... let us know how this works for you. :)

Edited by acturisme
More information.

Laws only govern the honest.

On 12/26/2016 at 0:50 PM, acturisme said:

Hmmm.... let us know how this works for you.

The crossfire is actually working quite well. I usually play Hawken (DX9, graphically heavy). The r9 270x alone yields around 70-80 fps in 1080p ultra settings, whereas with the two cards in crossfire, I get around 110-120 fps (in most maps). In other games, i get anywhere from a 10-40 fps boost.

I assumed as much. Just making sure though, as the combustion temperature of duct tape is only 85c. Didn't want to risk combustion, but considering how case temperatures are rarely very high for my case (it's kinda massive, with lots of airflow), I'll go on with the mod.

21 minutes ago, Atomos said:

The crossfire is actually working quite well. I usually play Hawken (DX9, graphically heavy). The r9 270x alone yields around 70-80 fps in 1080p ultra settings, whereas with the two cards in crossfire, I get around 110-120 fps (in most maps). In other games, i get anywhere from a 10-40 fps boost.

I assumed as much. Just making sure though, as the combustion temperature of duct tape is only 85c. Didn't want to risk combustion, but considering how case temperatures are rarely very high for my case (it's kinda massive, with lots of airflow), I'll go on with the mod.

Duct tape!?  Wait...what did I miss?

Laws only govern the honest.

On 12/31/2016 at 3:30 PM, acturisme said:

Duct tape!?  Wait...what did I miss?

I'm using it as a decorative facade. The texture of the tape is what i'm after really. Just a layer on top of the bridge.