Which of these coolers for 4770K?

Go to solution Solved by Cobiee,

Im' going to be biast and say the only thing out of those options that wouldn't be offensive to put in your build would be the be quiet dark rock pro 2, I have the single fan version and it just look so awesome and performs well and is also quiet, Even the shadow rock and the advance c1 from dark rock would be a better choice than the others, I see you would like to only spend max 50 Eu but trust me it's better to just a little bit more in the first place and save yourself the dissatisfaction down the line only wanting to change it out for something else, Better to get the one you want in the first place and be happy :)

Okay so I have just recently built my new PC (specs in signature) and for now I haven't yet bought a new GPU and a cooler because I couldn't afford it at the time. I live in slovenia and most items here are really overpriced, but since I'm going to be building new PCs for two of my friends in December, I will order parts from Austria (dinokomp.at), because it will be a little bit cheaper.

My stock cooler currently gets my CPU to about 78-82 degrees per core on full load with prime95 (3.5GHz stock no OC with Turbo DISABLED)

Now I was essentially going to get CM Hyper 212 Evo, but they don't sell that on the site where I will be ordering it from, so if I get it elsewhere it would cost quite alot, so I would really like some help of which of these coolers I should get. H100 costs about 88€, which is a bit too much for me to get. I'm just looking for best bang for the buck, which most would say is Hyper 212 Evo, but at 40 eur I don't think that's it.. be quiet! Shadow Rock Pro SR1 is what I have my eye on now, but I'd like some input on that! :)

List of coolers and thier price (click name for link to site where ill be buying):

I would like to spend maximum 50 EUR on the cooler, but I added some other options here if you guys think it's much better performance and worth it then I'll try to scoop up some more money..

SilverStone Argon AR01                   38,4€

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo              40€(*)

NZXT Respire T20                             40,8€

Thermalright HR-02 Macho 120           42€

Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev. A    45,6€

be quiet! Shadow Rock Pro SR1       46,8€

be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1       54€

Thermaltake Frio Advanced                 54€

Noctua NH-C12P SE14                         54€

SilverStone Argon AR03                   56,4€

Noctua NH-C14                                    60€

be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2                75,6€

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

Im' going to be biast and say the only thing out of those options that wouldn't be offensive to put in your build would be the be quiet dark rock pro 2, I have the single fan version and it just look so awesome and performs well and is also quiet, Even the shadow rock and the advance c1 from dark rock would be a better choice than the others, I see you would like to only spend max 50 Eu but trust me it's better to just a little bit more in the first place and save yourself the dissatisfaction down the line only wanting to change it out for something else, Better to get the one you want in the first place and be happy :)

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

None of these, go for the Noctua NH-U14S.

As much as I'd love to get it, they don't sell it here. :'(

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

I mean I had a CM Hyper 212 Evo and it just looked too cheap to be on my rig it just didn't look right and with your rig being almost the same as mine there's no point cheaping out anywhere when you've spent that much :)

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

I mean I had a CM Hyper 212 Evo and it just looked too cheap to be on my rig it just didn't look right and with your rig being almost the same as mine there's no point cheaping out anywhere when you've spent that much :)

Edit: Dark Rock Pro 2 or Shadow Rock Pro SR*

Be quiet darck rock pro 2, it looks awesome and it performs very well also...

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

^ Yeah get the Be quiet dark rock pro 2 as long as you have the room besides your ram as it is wide, If you have high profile ram like me just get the be quiet dark rock 2 which is only a single fan cpu cooler but works almost as good as the pro and you can put the fan on the other side of the cooler so you can get away with high profile ram

bang for buck macho.