Closed Back around $120

sid0195

So I want to upgrade from the earbuds I use right now to a decent pair of closed back headphones. So far I've seen the Audio-Technica M40x and the sennheiser hd 598cs. Are there any other ones better than these? If there isnt which one would you go for?

Byerdyncamics DT770 80ohm (depend of your power suply) or as you say the Epic Audio-Technica ATH M40x

4 hours ago, Jacona said:

What type of music do you usually listen to?

Acoustic music, rap, and pop....cant really specify one...sorry :/

55 minutes ago, Fernando_Matt said:

Byerdyncamics DT770 80ohm (depend of your power suply) or as you say the Epic Audio-Technica ATH M40x

Will the DT770 sound okay with a S7 Edge as well? I need something that can be used with my phone and my computer

36 minutes ago, sid0195 said:

Will the DT770 sound okay with a S7 Edge as well? I need something that can be used with my phone and my computer

Custom One Pros might be a good match, though they are a bit more expensive at 150ish 
There's also the Shure 440/840 in which some people prefer over the ATH-MX0 line

2 hours ago, sid0195 said:

Beyer Custom One Pros should get the job done, they have a bass slider if you want dat extra bass. But its a little bit above your budget, if you dont mind spending extra.

Additional benefit: detachable cables, compatible with v-moda boompro to make it a excellent gaming headset :D

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

To listen music in your phone i recommend you the version of 32 ohm (the headphones need less power to sound). But, if you listen more in a computer choose the 80 ohm version