VRAM clocks flatlining

pyr0
Go to solution Solved by DildorTheDecent,
Just now, pyr0 said:

trying that right now, memory clocks still flatlining

have you tried turning it off and back on again? (serious)

Hello.

I am trying to OC my R9 390.

When I started up valley, instead of the 60-100 fps I normally get, I was getting around 9-12. A quick look at MSI afterburner showed me why. The VRAM was staying at 150mHz for some reason. I tried cranking the memory speed as high as it would go, but to no avail. 150mHz.

How can I get the memory frequency to change? It should upscale, especially as afterburner has the memory frequency set to 1500mHz

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

DildorTheDecent, if you're reading this, it's so bad that the GIF you use as your profile image lags for me. In fact, as I type this the text is about 5 seconds behind me.

1 minute ago, pyr0 said:

DildorTheDecent, if you're reading this, it's so bad that the GIF you use as your profile image lags for me. In fact, as I type this the text is about 5 seconds behind me.

hi there. 

You defo running Valley in Extreme HD settings or whatever @Jumper118 listed on his thread. Just so we are all on the same field. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

hi there. 

You defo running Valley in Extreme HD settings or whatever @Jumper118 listed on his thread. Just so we are all on the same field. 

I'm running it on custom, like extreme HD but not in fullscreen so I can use MSI afterburner while valley runs.

1 minute ago, pyr0 said:

I'm running it on custom, like extreme HD but not in fullscreen so I can use MSI afterburner while valley runs.

Have to run it full screen if you want the clocks to ramp up iirc. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

Have to run it full screen if you want the clocks to ramp up iirc. 

Just now, pyr0 said:

6 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Just ignore me, just another doofus who forgot the first step of troubleshooting.

Thanks by the way

1 minute ago, pyr0 said:

Just ignore me, just another doofus who forgot the first step of troubleshooting.

Thanks by the way

np. That's quite the best answer though :P

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

np. That's quite the best answer though :P

yeah.

This never happened