Can you have two ISPs at one address in the UK

jaythekid123

So I'm looking to add a IPS to an address that I have already got one. (I'm playing around with stuff) Is is possibly to do. By the way I live in the UK but all advise is appreciated, thank you.   

You would need a second phone line to get service from a second ISP, and if there's no space available in the cabinet then you're SOL.

In Germany it is possible but only if you pick one via Phone and one via TV-Line or if the total bandwidth adds up to less than the total bandwidth of your physical connection.

you can but you would have to get another line to your home installed which is expensive.

Cable is COAX

Telephone is copper wire

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. If I remember correctly, copper wire is distance from Teleco Switch, and Cable is users on subnet.

Linus did something similar recently where he basically bought two connections and used a special thing to combine them... in theory, the same could be done with different ISPs (I think he bought two lines from the same provider iirc)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

You can have Virgin Media at the same time as another company, but most other companies can't be combined because they all use the same infrastructure (BT Openreach), unless you have two different phone lines. The speeds of the connections can't be easily combined though - without quite a lot of work (and/or money), they would be completely separate connections.

HTTP/2 203