Windows Error Code 0x80300002

svelury

I just started building a new PC and everything is fine and the system posts, but I when I try to install Windows, I get stuck. I keep getting the following message during installation,

"We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive. Here's more info about what happened: 0x80300002."

I googled this error and tried everything I could find online, such as checking to see if the SATA connections were properly put in and secure. There are four SATA ports in my motherboard and I tried every single one, but I keep getting this error. I even tried using a different SATA cable but that was unsuccessful as well. I went into the BIOS and the motherboard recognizes the hard drive perfectly fine every time, so I am thoroughly confused as to what is going on. This is also a completely brand new hard drive; it has never been used before. This is also the only drive I have in my system.

The hard drive is a Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5'' Internal Hard Drive.

Here are the other components of my system:

- CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 @ 3.2GHz

- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory

- Motherboard: MSI H110I Pro Mini-ITX Motherboard

- GPU: XFX Radeon R9 Fury X 4GB Video Card

- PSU: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

I have a feeling this might be a hard drive issue but I was wondering if anyone here could give me some advice. Thank you so much!

Are you using a optical disk or usb drive for installation?

-アパゾ

And is it just the usb and HDD plugged in? No other sata or usb drives.

-アパゾ

Nope, no other SATA or USB drives. I have a keyboard plugged into the computer that is USB based but that's it.

This error code refers to a media device error which is normally caused by the optical disk.

Are you able test both the HDD and USB on another system?

-アパゾ

Unfortunately I do not have another system available for me to test the HDD and USB on. Is it possible that making a fresh new bootable USB might help?