Do keyboards that work similar to analog controllers exist?

Hey!

I've been playing good old nfs most wanted online recently and came across an interesting finding. One player claimed that his keyboards' key presses work similar to how analog joysticks on game controllers work. :o In other words, he claims that he can adjust the exact rate of rpm by pressing harder or lighter on "up" arrow key and car only turns depending on the force he applies onto the left/right keys. I know it makes lot of confusion since I've been using quite a variety of keyboards and went thru most of the high end offerings to date by top accessory makers but never found a single product that has the similar functionality advertised. I'm just curious to know if such products really exist. Please share your thoughts bellow. Thanks.

**EDIT**

Additionally I've realized that the controllers are a better choice over keyboard for driving/racing titles. Which device do you personally prefer to play such games for casual/semi-pro gamer? Feel free to list some as well. (never tried a controllers on pc. how is the compatibility?)

Edited by Osandakj

They do exist. But they are very hard to find and are probably very expensive.

I had an account called Joegeddon active since April 20th 2015

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | XFX RADEON RX580 8GB XXX | 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 | Thermaltake Versa H22 | Corsair RM550x PSU | MSI AM4 B450M-A PRO Motherboard

1TB 7200RPM HDD | 500GB 7200RPM HDD | 500GB M.2 WD BLUE SSD

Laptop - Asus UX303UA

Intel i7 6500U | Intel 530 Graphics | 12GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 256GB SATA 3 SSD

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

https://wooting.nl/ Google is a magical thing

1 minute ago, Joe_MacDougall said:

They do exist. But they are very hard to find and are probably very expensive.

Damn! that was quick! Thanks for the response. I tried google but I wasn't sure what exactly to search..

I don't understand why you'd want an entire keyboard to be analog. MAYBE wsad and a couple others, but having every key be analog is... stupid.

4 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

I can't play racing games on a keyboard, why I never got into The Crew

Compatibility? XBox One controllers will work just fine with a bluetooth adapter, or you could get a wired one. Though you'll need an adapter for XBox 360 controllers. Haven't tried dualshock so no idea on that front

Hmm I ain't no hardcore gamer but racing games are baked into my dna since I was a child. I might as well take a look at ds4 due to much lower price or some other logitech branded ones.. Soon I'll post my experience. :)

1 minute ago, corrado33 said:

I don't understand why you'd want an entire keyboard to be analog. MAYBE wsad and a couple others, but having every key be analog is... stupid.

Nah dude I though they literary don't exist. Of course asdw or 4 arrow keys in analog is more than enough to get the job done. Thanks for the reply. :)

4 minutes ago, Osandakj said:

Hmm I ain't no hardcore gamer but racing games are baked into my dna since I was a child. I might as well take a look at ds4 due to much lower price or some other logitech branded ones.. Soon I'll post my experience. :)

you should get a wheel and pedals and a nice racing sim and go to the races. 

6 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

you should get a wheel and pedals and a nice racing sim and go to the races. 

Ain't those made for more realistic track-like racing games (grid, dirt, project cars, froza etc.)? I'm mostly into fun titles with tons of car customization such as nfs 2015 being a fair example. Also I'll keep that upgrade for future when I have triple monitor or ultra-wide setup. As of now, I'm mostly on budget. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.