Buying a pre-built computer

BennyG

So I'm pretty close to buying a computer from PC Case Gear for 2000$ AUD for gaming. All of the computers only seem to come with two 3.0 USB ports, so I wanted to know how to install more? Also how do I install a wifi adaptor? Lastly, the website says that all drivers are already installed, does that mean that I don't need to buy and install an optical disk drive? Cheers

2 minutes ago, BennyG said:

Lastly, the website says that all drivers are already installed, does that mean that I don't need to buy and install an optical disk drive? Cheers

You don't need a optical drive to install drivers, a usb stick works. This comes with a os preinstalled and will work out of the box.

All of the computers only seem to come with two 3.0 USB ports,

USB hubs will work fine. You don't normally need many usb3 ports and there only usefull for something, like drives.

3 minutes ago, BennyG said:

Also how do I install a wifi adaptor?

Its either a usb device or a pcie card.

So I'm pretty close to buying a computer from PC Case Gear for 2000$ AUD for gaming. All of the computers only seem to come with two 3.0 USB ports, so I wanted to know how to install more? Also how do I install a wifi adaptor? Lastly, the website says that all drivers are already installed, does that mean that I don't need to buy and install an optical disk drive? Cheers

Buy one of these https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Port-USB-Power-Adapter/dp/B00DQFGJR4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1482110580&sr=8-9&keywords=usb+dock and one of these https://www.amazon.com/BrosTrend-AC5-600Mbps-External-Wireless/dp/B01ID03X9I/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1482110608&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=usb+wifi+adapter&psc=1

well you wouldn't NEED to install a Optical disk drive regardless, even if drivers where missing those can be DOWNLOADED. As for adding more USB 3.0 ports, that depends on the motherboard having the headers for adding more or not, without knowing the EXACT hardware it's impossible to say.

DO NOT BUY A PREBUILT DUDE, sorry for caps but I needed to stress that, you can always build a better system.

more usb ports and wifi can be either via pcie expansions or using the preexisting usb ports. pcie is better, unless money is REALLY tight so the few dollar difference might make a difference. (search "wifi(/usb) adapter pci(usb)" should give plenty of results.  )

Drivers are always online, need only flashdrive. 

Do I also need to buy a soundcard to connect to to the pcie? I would want to be able to connect speakers at the back and a headset at the front of the computer

Just build one, not as hard as you thing, saves you money, and gives you useful experience