CPU goes down to normal after opening up task manager.

I opened a post about this before and someone said it was fine. But I did some googling around and it says that Opening and Closing programs use a lot of CPU because it wants to do it as fast as possible. However, the reason why I even brought it up was because I noticed a difference in performance not being as fluid as normal. This is what brought me to open up the task manager before and it showed it at 40+% usage and drops to 0-7% immediately.

Then I did some other testing using Corsair Link, without task manager on it was using 40+% of my CPU again making all cores go up by 15 degrees total with nothing on except Corsair Link and a game. Closing out the game the CPU numbers were still there, opening up Task Manager immediately shot the numbers down to 0-7%.

If the temperature is also shooting up along with my CPU% usage then it has to have been stayed there for a while. I don't believe this is due to opening up task manager as it happens in Corsair Link before I open up task manager and I definitely feel the difference in room temperature when this happens for a while and I suddenly check Corsair Link and see that my CPU is at 40+% again. What are my options?

You are overthinking this, opening up Task Manager will require your CPU to poll alot of sensors and things like that. This will momentarily make your CPU usage jump and with extra usage = extra power = extra heat.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

21 minutes ago, Altecice said:

You are overthinking this, opening up Task Manager will require your CPU to poll alot of sensors and things like that. This will momentarily make your CPU usage jump and with extra usage = extra power = extra heat.

I said, the CPU% usage is at 40%+ without opening up Task manager, checked with Corsair Link.

3 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

I said, the CPU% usage is at 40%+ without opening up Task manager, checked with Corsair Link.

Maybe it's innacurate? Try another program

I dunno if this is a thing, but maybe it's some sort of computer hardware malware that tries to hide itself by hiding symptoms when you're monitoring through task manager but then starts using resources once it is closed?

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

You may be able to find a process monitor online that can detail the usage of individual processes. by sysinternals

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor.aspx

It will do more than task manager because it will show you inside of service host processes and show you more precisely what is running, rather than a few notable programs then a list of svchost consuming your whole system.

Get a hold of this see if you can narrow down the process that is causing this jump.

Check the active protection of your AV or Malware protection. Some setting are set to use the computer more when it is idle or not in use by the user so they can run more aggressive scans.