MSI afterburner Freeze my system!

Gombel
Go to solution Solved by PCGuy_5960,
1 minute ago, Gombel said:

No my CPU not overclocked its 100% normal. And my GPU is 100% normal too

Download AIDA64 trial and run it for an hour, if it passes, then your system is 100% fine. (Run CPU/FPU/Memory/GPU stress test all at the same time) 

Hey guys, I have this problem with my computer, that every time I open MSI afterburner its freeze my whole computer? I've tried to reinstall windows 10 with USB, I've tried taking the graphics card's out and in, I've tried an older version of MSI Afterburner, and that didn't work too... Does anyone know why?? :(( I hope you can help me!

All my specs is here: https://gyazo.com/e96b7255a05e3ca259f177b6c5b85758

What i've tried:

Reinstalling windows 100%

Running MSI afterburner as admin

Takeing out my graphic cards

Trying one graphic only

Tryed disable virus program while opening MSI AB

Other drivers

Note!: I have windows 10 Home NOT windows 8.1

Thanks for the help! - Gombel :)

Are you overclocking your GPU using afterburner? 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Are you overclocking your GPU using afterburner? 

Nope, my cards are 100% normal, nothing OC or anything. Im using MSI ab for tempreture for my cards and custem fans

1 minute ago, Gombel said:

Nope, my cards are 100% normal, nothing OC or anything. Im using MSI ab for tempreture for my cards and custem fans

Weird issue.... Have you tried a clean driver installation and are you sure that MSI Afterburner is to blame for the freezes?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Weird issue.... Have you tried a clean driver installation and are you sure that MSI Afterburner is to blame for the freezes?

Yes i've tryed other drivers, same happens, and no im not sure its MSI, same happens to Asus GPU twaek, BUT it doesn't happend to GPU-Z

3 minutes ago, Gombel said:

Yes i've tryed other drivers, same happens, and no im not sure its MSI, same happens to Asus GPU twaek, BUT it doesn't happend to GPU-Z

Maybe use the Trixx software that works with Radeon GPUs....

Can you link me a official site, so I get the right verison? :)

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

But its just wired that it freeze my computer? Do you think its my computer that is broke, or its the app? :/

2 minutes ago, Gombel said:

But its just wired that it freeze my computer? Do you think its my computer that is broke, or its the app? :/

Idk... Might be some kind of software conflicting... 

5 minutes ago, Gombel said:

Can you link me a official site, so I get the right verison? :)

Wrong link.. 

Edited by PCGuy_5960

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

What could that be?

Just now, Gombel said:

Thanks!!

Wrong link, Sry... 

My first thught was that my tempreture sensor was broke, but now i dont think it  is becuse GPU-Z works fine? :(

I've had issues with afterburner, or it could be just my card, not sure. Was trying to oc my 1050ti zotac International and each time i try to, i can only bump it a slight bit, or else ill experience performance degregation, artifacting, or the worst, the whole graphics driver crashes.  Its most likely the fact it only uses power from the PCI-E slot though. But that is an odd issue.

2 minutes ago, Gombel said:

What could that be?

Do you have any other monitoring software installed? 

PS, I just remembered, NZXT'S CAM works great and has a very simple UI 

Just now, Gombel said:

Can i download that with crossfire and R9 290x?

I think so, it is made specifically for AMD cards 

Do you have any other monitoring software installed? 

PS, I just remembered, NZXT'S CAM works great and has a very simple UI 

what is monitoring software? Sorry for bad gramma and knowledge

3 minutes ago, ZXL_115 said:

I've had issues with afterburner, or it could be just my card, not sure. Was trying to oc my 1050ti zotac International and each time i try to, i can only bump it a slight bit, or else ill experience performance degregation, artifacting, or the worst, the whole graphics driver crashes.  Its most likely the fact it only uses power from the PCI-E slot though. But that is an odd issue.

So do you have any idea how to fix it? :(