Should I get FO4?

Exvy

Is it worth it and how bad are the frame drops in big cities?

My specs are i5-6400 and RX480 4GB

ps:

If I do get it I'll wait until it goes on sale?

Your system is perfectly capable of running Fallout 4!

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

if youre going in expecting a skyrim experience with some more character dialogue, sure. if youre expecting a fallout experience, wait for it to go on sale. a lot of the appeal for me personally is it's mod ability, but i would play through it w/o mods first to get the vanilla experience. 

1 minute ago, Paytend01 said:

Yeah go ahead and get it :P your pc will be able to run it at decent settings

@Exvy Just don't use any of Nvidia's Gameworks, they make AMD GPUs crap their pants :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Btw, at which resolution are you gaming? 

5 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Btw, at which resolution are you gaming? 

1080p

11 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Your system is perfectly capable of running Fallout 4!

Will it drop a lot in big cities?

9 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

Yeah go ahead and get it :P your pc will be able to run it at decent settings

1 minute ago, Exvy said:

No, unless you use gameworks which will make the game run like crap

After all, you are gaming at 1080p, so you should be able to get 60+fps at all times. 

3 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Get it. One of the best games I have played to date! (Biased I know :P) 

Are the FPS drops really bad in big cities?

There is only one big city, Diamond city, and it is not as big or crowded as witcher's novigrad.

I dont think you will have a problem (if you do, it Will be minor), and even if you do, inside Diamond city you dont need high fps to get by. 

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

1 hour ago, Exvy said:

For the love of god no. It's been answered many times.

I have a 1060 and I get 67+ at all times at ultra almost everything, even in the cities. The ONLY time I had a significant drop was coming down from the tower where you rescue the nice super mutant (who will be your companion) and his human friend and you ride the elevator down the outside of the building and it loads the whole city below you. FPS was only 40 or so there, but that's understandable. It was rendering almost all of the city where I could see. I've never seen less than 60 in the game otherwise. Ever. And I'm running at an FOV of 100. (Because the default FOV makes me sick.)

44 minutes ago, Taja said:

There is only one big city, Diamond city, and it is not as big or crowded as witcher's novigrad.

I dont think you will have a problem (if you do, it Will be minor), and even if you do, inside Diamond city you dont need high fps to get by. 

the "city" im talking about is the financial district

27 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

For the love of god no. It's been answered many times.

I have a 1060 and I get 67+ at all times at ultra almost everything, even in the cities. The ONLY time I had a significant drop was coming down from the tower where you rescue the nice super mutant (who will be your companion) and his human friend and you ride the elevator down the outside of the building and it loads the whole city below you. FPS was only 40 or so there, but that's understandable. It was rendering almost all of the city where I could see. I've never seen less than 60 in the game otherwise. Ever. And I'm running at an FOV of 100. (Because the default FOV makes me sick.)

whats your cpu?

21 minutes ago, Exvy said:

whats your cpu?

Non-overclocked 6600k. CPU never reaches 100%, generally hovers around 45% unless loading then it'll spike to 70%. 

(I don't have it overclocked yet because I have no reason to overclock it. When games catch up, I'll overclock it to extend the life.)

29 minutes ago, Exvy said:

the "city" im talking about is the financial district

Aaahh so no, no problems at all.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

7 minutes ago, Taja said:

Aaahh so no, no problems at all.

i was asking because on PS4 the FPS was horrible

4 hours ago, Exvy said:

Reduce Shadows and Godrays to medium and you should be fine.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 hour ago, Exvy said:

i was asking because on PS4 the FPS was horrible

Ya...what a surprise ^^

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

31 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Ya...what a surprise ^^

yeah lmao it ran like s***, in the financial district it would go down to 23