Graphics drivers

GermanPCBuilder

While installing the new Nvidia Graphics Driver my pc is doing some funky stuff, for example i get sudden black screens for 2 or more secs multiple times or my browser just stops working and i get a funny looking image. Is that a normal thing that just happens when installing drivers or is my pc screwed?

5 minutes ago, GermanPCBuilder said:

While installing the new Nvidia Graphics Driver my pc is doing some funky stuff, for example i get sudden black screens for 2 or more secs multiple times or my browser just stops working and i get a funny looking image. Is that a normal thing that just happens when installing drivers or is my pc screwed?

and again a normal thing and mister phd germanpcbuilder with the location translated into binary doesnt know it xD 

Just now, DaBeggad said:

and again a normal thing and mister phd germanpcbuilder with the location translated into binary doesnt know it xD 

.....you seem like a really unfriendly guy to me, and yes my location is translated....duh

btw: this my first pc ever and im sorry that i dont know everything right away....

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

For graphics drivers, it is normal. It's generally best to close all other applications before installing drivers. 

Ok thank you

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

Yup, totally normal. Though annoying

Ok thank you

6 minutes ago, GermanPCBuilder said:

.....you seem like a really unfriendly guy to me, and yes my location is translated....duh

btw: this my first pc ever and im sorry that i dont know everything right away....

Don't let yourself be unsettled. Keep posting questions if you can´t find answers via google or search function. 

We are ment to be a friendly community :) 

And of course it can be scary to have black screens and weird stuff going on with brand new and maybe very expensive hardware.

- If in doubt,        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

welcome to the wonderful world of building your own pc.

remember, if a forum exists, you will get trolled. Just don't feed them and youll be fine.

As far as blackness when INSTALLING drivers, as the others said that's perfectly normal. If it's doing this when you are not in the act of installing drivers, then you've got some issues.

When in doubt, re-format.

Just now, pwn_intended said:

welcome to the wonderful world of building your own pc.

remember, if a forum exists, you will get trolled. Just don't feed them and youll be fine.

As far as blackness when INSTALLING drivers, as the others said that's perfectly normal. If it's doing this when you are not in the act of installing drivers, then you've got some issues.

Ok good. it only happens when installing drivers.

Just now, Super1337victim said:

Don't let yourself be unsettled. Keep posting questions if you can´t find answers via google or search function. 

We are ment to be a friendly community :) 

And of course it can be scary to have black screens and weird stuff going on with brand new and maybe very expensive hardware.

i like you

are the wonderful world of installing new hardware .....

i just installed my shinnny new Gigabyte GTX1070 Extrem Gaming ..only to have the latest nvidia driver nurf my steam account games ....

had to go back 4 driver versions to find a stable one lol

made the switch to Team Green from Team Red ( old work horse Gigabyte  Windforce R9 290 )

So many people have issues with drivers. I guess I've just been lucky. Ever since switching to Nvidia just over a year ago, only once did I have an issue and had to run DDU, then reinstall. 

Just recently, I updated to the latest drivers with the 980 still installed. I then simply swapped it out with a 1070 and carried on as if everything as fine. Didn't have to reinstall anything, it just worked. ;) 

To the OP, yes, it's totally normal for the screen to flash black a few times during driver update/installation. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

On 16.12.2016 at 3:04 PM, GermanPCBuilder said:

:D you have to understand that its very funny for me when somebody names himself for instance "Tattoo Master #1nk3d" after getting the first tatto :P no offense mate :) 

7 hours ago, DaBeggad said:

:D you have to understand that its very funny for me when somebody names himself for instance "Tattoo Master #1nk3d" after getting the first tatto :P no offense mate :) 

But I didn't name myself master or anything just builder and that's not even a lie I have build 4 PCs to this day

On 16.12.2016 at 3:04 PM, GermanPCBuilder said:

this my first pc ever and im sorry that i dont know everything right away....

4? :P 

6 hours ago, DaBeggad said:

4? :P 

My personal pc the others are my friends PCs that I have built 

28 minutes ago, GermanPCBuilder said:

My personal pc the others are my friends PCs that I have built 

why did you build the pcs of your friends and your own at last

4 hours ago, DaBeggad said:

why did you build the pcs of your friends and your own at last

I built my pc first so it's my first pc ever and the others after my own.... I never said that I have built my pc at last