ASUS AMD HD6570

wolfmcbeard

So a neighbor gave an old Dell Optiplex 745 (Why do I keep getting old pc's?) and the thing is beat to hell and back, it had no hard drive, optical drive, or even a floppy drive.
But it did have a Pentium D at 3.7ghz and 4gb off ddr2 expandable to 8gb.
So I accept it as well a random GPU that I'm having a hard time finding drivers for so it will play nice with Ubuntu 16.04, if anyone knows where I can find Linux drives for this thing, I would appreciate it.

Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI B550 Mag Tomahawk - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3200 (4x8) - EVGA RTX2060 XC Gaming 12gig - Crucial P2 250gb nvme ssd (OS) - WD Blue 1tb sata hdd (general storage) - Seagate Barracuda 4tb sata hdd (games) - iBuypower Element Reflect

38 minutes ago, Matt Hawkins said:

So a neighbor gave an old Dell Optiplex 745 (Why do I keep getting old pc's?) and the thing is beat to hell and back, it had no hard drive, optical drive, or even a floppy drive.
But it did have a Pentium D at 3.7ghz and 4gb off ddr2 expandable to 8gb.
So I accept it as well a random GPU that I'm having a hard time finding drivers for so it will play nice with Ubuntu 16.04, if anyone knows where I can find Linux drives for this thing, I would appreciate it.

Well ASUS doesn't support that GPU for any version of Linux...

AMD has some generic drivers available though, check there.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE