Chances of Fractal Design making a Tempered Glass Mini C

Thisunami

I'm looking into getting the Fractal Design Mini C because I love the design/size and the attention to noise dampening fractal puts into their case. I know a tempered glass side would hit the acoustics a little bit i think the visual appeal would be more than worth it in this case. What are the chances of them riding the tempered glass wave and adding it to this case? Should I hold out for CES or pull the trigger now?

CPU: Delided Intel Core i7-6700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB (3600/15-15-15-35) |GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG | Primary SSD: Samsung 950 Pro Series 512GB (OS/Games/Programs) / Seagate 5 TB External Hard Drive (Media) | PSU: SeaSonic Prime 650W | Cooling: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 + 4x Corsair ML140 Pro LED Red + 1x Corsair ML120 Pro LED Red

18 minutes ago, Thisunami said:

I'm looking into getting the Fractal Design Mini C because I love the design/size and the attention to noise dampening fractal puts into their case. I know a tempered glass side would hit the acoustics a little bit i think the visual appeal would be more than worth it in this case. What are the chances of them riding the tempered glass wave and adding it to this case? Should I hold out for CES or pull the trigger now?

If you want to create a glass side panel that is possible you will need to design a mounting system for it however. For the glass your going to need to go to a glass shop to have it custom cut and drilled if your using bolt on type mounting before they send it off for tempering, the cost depending where you are can be a bit pricey. 

-Moved to Modding Section-

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

If you want to create a glass side panel that is possible you will need to design a mounting system for it however. For the glass your going to need to go to a glass shop to have it custom cut and drilled if your using bolt on type mounting before they send it off for tempering, the cost depending where you are can be a bit pricey. 

I think this was more of a probability question

My life

i'd call it as a pretty low chance, tempered glass isnt really fractal's nack.

if you really want tempered glass, you'd be better off talking to a glassworking shop that can make a glass panel to size.

36 minutes ago, W-L said:

Theoretically could you do a glass side panel on any case? Is there anything that could prevent a case from being modded to have a side panel?

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

1 hour ago, Trav_X said:

Theoretically could you do a glass side panel on any case? Is there anything that could prevent a case from being modded to have a side panel?

If you took the time and effort it should be very possible on any case, the only situation where it may be extremely costly or not practical is if the side panels have a compound curve on them. 

5 hours ago, Thisunami said:

Paul, has done a video on his, it would be pretty easy, if you dont mind spending $$$ on the glass. Which will cost you like $50-$100

Now if your interested in fractal cases for sound dampening, then why have the clear sidepanel?? Your just asking for noise transfer. 

7 hours ago, Cyborgsmith said:

Now if your interested in fractal cases for sound dampening, then why have the clear sidepanel?? Your just asking for noise transfer. 

I know there will be a slight hit on noise dampening but the way I see it glass being heavier than acrylic means it wont be as bad as the windowed version. the top, front, and back will still have it's sound dampening and i'm using all noctua fans on the inside so it's not going to be loud to begin with. 

CPU: Delided Intel Core i7-6700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB (3600/15-15-15-35) |GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG | Primary SSD: Samsung 950 Pro Series 512GB (OS/Games/Programs) / Seagate 5 TB External Hard Drive (Media) | PSU: SeaSonic Prime 650W | Cooling: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 + 4x Corsair ML140 Pro LED Red + 1x Corsair ML120 Pro LED Red