Desk PC Build

So recently for a school project in a class called Personal Fabrication I have a final project to build and use the machines in the room and in the construction lab so what I have chosen to do is build a PC inside a desk (may and may not be inspired by somebody on this forum :)) but in the next couple days I will be giving you guys pictures and how its going I have around 10 more school days to work on it and will be done around early January.

Also the specs seem low specified but I will be upgrading these parts from my computer that I have now because I don't want anybody to steal these parts lol.

Specs Now (Mainly parts I had at home)

AMD Athlon II X4 860K 3.4 Ghz (OC 4.0)

Cooler Master 212 Evo

Nvidia 750ti (Might go with a lower spec card for now but I might go with this one but might just go for a cheap one on ebay because im not going to be using for gaming but rather a different computer for specific tasks)

Toshiba 1TB 7200rpm

500w PSU (I have no clue what psu brand or anything it is but it works lol)

Foxconn A88GN Deluxe 

I plan to go upgrade shortly after I build it but as I had those parts at home well most of them I will be just putting them in and hopefully it will all end out well.

If you have any questions on how I plan to do stuff or give me any advice I would love it :)

I should be able to post some pictures tommorow of it so far and might do some temp checks from in the desk and in a regular case

If you build the motherboard mount to eatx and atx specs, you can always upgrade the inside hardware at later date.