RAM Cooling with RAM-33 Water Blocks

I'm sure there will be some who say water cooling the RAM is a waste of money and that's OK, you have the right to think so. So with that out of the way, here are a few pictures of my RAM cooling journey and a little back story. A couple of years ago I started buying parts to water cool a PC. Slowly I moved from an AIO CPU solution to a custom loop. One of the pieces that I have yet to include in my loop for a couple reasons is the RAM-33 water blocks. One problem I had was the installing of the water block on the RAM, after I solved that than it was the matter of how to how to hook them up. I first thought I might run them in series but wasn't sure I wanted to restrict the flow. Hooking them up in parallel would be the way to go but to do it right i would need a 5 or 6 port manifold. One down, one to go!

IMG_4846.JPG

IMG_4922.JPG

IMG_4923.JPG

IMG_4931.JPG

IMG_4932.JPG

IMG_4936.JPG

IMG_4946.JPG

Hit the Funny Button!    :D     The more you press it the funnier you get  :)

---------------------------------------------->

Projekt Wasserturm  Office/Game Room Remodel

Water cooled system memory IS a waste of money (if we are talking straight performance increases), but that doesn't change the fact that it looks cool as heck, and you might as well totally round out your loop with it!

The fact you made these yourself adds so much meaning to it! Great job! 

Water cooling period is a waste. But there's no reason my ram should be at 50c~ when people let their gpu bake up to 70-80c. 

Looks great by the way. Should really stand out. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

After several attempts I finely go the last one done and yes I know I missing one of my barb (misplaced). I'm hoping to get this into my loop this weekend. Some of the pieces at the bottom of the picture are my failed attempts. Drilling Acrylic with off the shelf drill bits may not be ideal. 

IMG_4964.JPG

I remember seeing that first pic (I think in watercooling gallery) and thinking, "huh, wonder how he's going to make that look decent"

Nice work, looking forward to seeing the installed look!

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

17 hours ago, sl06bhytmar said:

I wonder will those cases crack eventually like mine own holes did crack eventually :|

I have to admit thinking the same thing, but if it works I will use them as prototypes and make the final a set out of brass. Acrylic is really harder to work with than one would think. If your not careful drilling the hole you end up with a ton of micro cracks that could be potential problems after countless heat cycles.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I made another custom manifold (on right) to try out. Right now I'm going to test the system in series and then I will install these and test the RAM in parallel.

IMG_5038.JPG

IMG_5032.JPG

IMG_5030.JPG

IMG_5031.JPG

They kinda look like Glow sticks. I am kinda hoping you get a fluorescent light or LEDs to make it shine somehow.

btw nice work. I like that ladder like system you did. Very sharp. (first picture in your most recent reply.)