iPhone 5S scavenging display

Long story short: my mom broke her iPhone and got an S7 because she didn't want to fix it. I wanted an iPhone so I repaired it. Now I have an extra screen with a monitor that I may need to fix another phone that my sister broke. If I don't need it and it's just some loose cables I will want to use it as a clock because the only other clock is kind of broken. I also want the touchscreen to work. So here are my questions:

Why is there a mirror behind the display and is it necessary to display stuff?

If it is necessary how do I take it off? (there is some sort of adhesive and I'm afraid that I may break the touchscreen if I heat it up)

And if I get an extra screen out of this does anyone have experience with using iPhone displays while not hooked up to the computer part of it? I have access to an Arduino UNO so preferably in the same language if you have code for it.

if I think of any other questions I'll post them in the comments.

Thanks

If you want to make some money you can repair a broken iPhone SE with the 5S screen as they are the same and then sell it.

I had an account called Joegeddon active since April 20th 2015

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | XFX RADEON RX580 8GB XXX | 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 | Thermaltake Versa H22 | Corsair RM550x PSU | MSI AM4 B450M-A PRO Motherboard

1TB 7200RPM HDD | 500GB 7200RPM HDD | 500GB M.2 WD BLUE SSD

Laptop - Asus UX303UA

Intel i7 6500U | Intel 530 Graphics | 12GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 256GB SATA 3 SSD

I very much doubt you'll be able to get it working without the driver chips they use on the iphone itself (which is the main chip of the iphone.)

12 minutes ago, Darchitect said:

Long story short: my mom broke her iPhone and got an S7 because she didn't want to fix it. I wanted an iPhone so I repaired it. Now I have an extra screen with a monitor that I may need to fix another phone that my sister broke. If I don't need it and it's just some loose cables I will want to use it as a clock because the only other clock is kind of broken. I also want the touchscreen to work. So here are my questions:

Why is there a mirror behind the display and is it necessary to display stuff?

If it is necessary how do I take it off? (there is some sort of adhesive and I'm afraid that I may break the touchscreen if I heat it up)

And if I get an extra screen out of this does anyone have experience with using iPhone displays while not hooked up to the computer part of it? I have access to an Arduino UNO so preferably in the same language if you have code for it.

if I think of any other questions I'll post them in the comments.

Thanks

Iphone screens are under 15€ on ebay so no point scavenging and I suggest you geet a cheap VGA 4.3" panel off ebay too since iphone screens need drivers

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

well it turns out that my sister's phone is water damaged so I will be using the screen for that

looking closer at it I will be needing a new screen entirely and I will attempt to hack the iPhone screen to be a clock (ik it's not practical but it may be fun) and will just buy a new screen.