what memory is necessary

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

For anything other than extremely tight budget builds, an SSD is a necessity for me. Whether a Terabyte is needed depends on your use for the system. For the OS and a few programs, 1TB is overkill. If you're going to be using it for working on files that need to be accessed quickly, like editing, I would actually recommend getting two 500GB SSDs instead. One for the OS and programs and the other for the files you're working on. It helps prevent the OS drive from being bogged down if you're transferring a lot and doesn't use up the write cycles of the OS drive. 

on a custom pc i am building i have a 4tb HDD and a 1tb SSD is the SSD necessary or?

For anything other than extremely tight budget builds, an SSD is a necessity for me. Whether a Terabyte is needed depends on your use for the system. For the OS and a few programs, 1TB is overkill. If you're going to be using it for working on files that need to be accessed quickly, like editing, I would actually recommend getting two 500GB SSDs instead. One for the OS and programs and the other for the files you're working on. It helps prevent the OS drive from being bogged down if you're transferring a lot and doesn't use up the write cycles of the OS drive. 

SSD's aren't necessary per say , but they do make your system considerably more responsive for day to day use, compared to an HDD only system .

They are certainly worth it . 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

15 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

SSD's aren't necessary per say , but they do make your system considerably more responsive for day to day use, compared to an HDD only system .

They are certainly worth it . 

Thanks!