Rog Strix X99 Gaming Motherboard q code 00 error

Okera

Is there anyone with the same Board and problem and have solved it?, if so can you tell me if the motherboard alone was faulty or if the cpu alone was faulty or if both were faulty.

Sounds like you have your answer.

I would try another compatible CPU with the board to be sure.

10 minutes ago, Okera said:

there is nothing assigned to the 00 code, its most likely means that there is a faulty cpu or mobo, thats why i came here to see if people got the same problems with the same board

Code 0 also happens when the psu powers on but the board is still of .. as powering on the psu dosent start  the board.

Okera, I had the same problem with an Asus X99-A II.  I thought I fried the CPU and didn't want to wait on the motherboard RMA so I bought a different board.  It ended up being the motherboard thankfully.  The Asus RMA took maybe 2 or 3 weeks here in the Great White North.  It wasn't too bad.

I had started the RMA for the processor with Intel, and they weren't too bad.  They worried me when they asked what ram I was using.  They suggested that I try ram within spec for the processor before issuing the RMA.  I canceled the RMA with Intel after trying the new board.

Just now, RLP2nd said:

Okera, I had the same problem with an Asus X99-A II.  I thought I fried the CPU and didn't want to wait on the motherboard RMA so I bought a different board.  It ended up being the motherboard thankfully.  The Asus RMA took maybe 2 or 3 weeks here in the Great White North.  It wasn't too bad.

I had started the RMA for the processor with Intel, and they weren't too bad.  They worried me when they asked what ram I was using.  They suggested that I try ram within spec for the processor before issuing the RMA.

were the cpu fans/pump the only ones spinning in the system?, were the other fans atatched to the board spinning? and when yu were getting the qcode and no post, were the PCI LEDs lighting up? 

the water pump header was dead.  I had pulled the board and was testing it outside of the case so other fans were not connected.  if I recall another header was able to power the cooler.  I had some lights but I don't exactly remember which.  I had disabled the PCIe  RGB lighting.  I tried BIOS resets, pulled the battery and anything else I could think of.

I really just remember that 00.