Hot CPU with Cold AIO?

Go to solution Solved by Cody_53027,

After I posted this, it got ALOT worse. Fans were @ 2000rpm+, water temp got to 60c-ish, and package temps were upper 90s-100c @ stock clocks. I came to the conclusion either my waterblock lifted off heatspreader, thermal paste was inefficient or I had a kink in my tubing. Turns out I might have had a little of all 3. Reapplied thermal paste, tightened hold-down screws, and adjusted tubes now overclocked to 4.6 @ 35c, package @ max of 80 with RPMs around 1300. FYI, working in a NCASE M1.

mjx8rwv.jpg

OoD2RYu.jpg

I'm attached some system data. Fans and Pump are basically maxed out to yield mid 70s-low 80s, Under CPU load. No GPU load. Notice, Liquid is @ 40c though. All parts are brand new. I'm even @ stock frequency. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Totally feel like a Noob.

Gigabyte Z170N-WIFI

H100i V2 w/ 120mm pullers.

NCases M1

GTX 1060 SC

System.jpg

If this is under load temps then these are normal

Hello

That seems right, the water will not heat up to 60-70C or anything really high due to it being constantly cooled by the radiator, it also takes a lot of energy to heat up water, if anything those temps might be a bit high on the water temp.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

That's about the temps I'm getting with a 4770k and a H100i v2 running @1.3v, if you're feeling ambitious you could try reapplying the thermal paste and see if it improves.

• 2 weeks later...

After I posted this, it got ALOT worse. Fans were @ 2000rpm+, water temp got to 60c-ish, and package temps were upper 90s-100c @ stock clocks. I came to the conclusion either my waterblock lifted off heatspreader, thermal paste was inefficient or I had a kink in my tubing. Turns out I might have had a little of all 3. Reapplied thermal paste, tightened hold-down screws, and adjusted tubes now overclocked to 4.6 @ 35c, package @ max of 80 with RPMs around 1300. FYI, working in a NCASE M1.

mjx8rwv.jpg

OoD2RYu.jpg

15 hours ago, Cody_53027 said:

-Snip-

Good to know. don't forget to mark it solved

Hello