QC 35 for gaming

H4X3R

I just sold my QC25s and am looking to buy the QC35s. My only issue is that i have another pair of headphones, the AKG K612 Pro (they need a repair though), and i only want to have 1 pair of headphones for everything (travel, work, play). The AKG is just too open and too big for travel and work and i really enjoyed the qc25 when travelling and studying. I also played some cs and it wasnt too bad (ofc not as good as my akgs). My doubts about the qc35 arise with it being wireless and the latency involved. I play many fast paced shooters (csgo, tf2, etc.) and am unsure if this latency will affect my gaming experience. 

Sorry for being all over the place with my post.

PS I am aware of the mic not working w/ pc, i use a blue yeti so it's of no concern to me.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Never heard of them but are they bluetooth or do they have a dongle?

They're good for everything, but the small earcups, closed-back design, and active noise cancellation will give a tiny soundstage, making everything sound cramped. However, they are excellent for travel, and their active noise-cancellation are unparalleled.

Audio latency shouldn't be an issue, but if you're paranoid, you can plug them in with any 3.5mm cable.

Latency for wireless headphones isnt an issue. I know some pro FPS players who use wireless headphones.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

11 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

They're good for everything, but the small earcups, closed-back design, and active noise cancellation will give a tiny soundstage, making everything sound cramped. However, they are excellent for travel, and their active noise-cancellation are unparalleled.

Audio latency shouldn't be an issue, but if you're paranoid, you can plug them in with any 3.5mm cable.

A tiny soundstage does seem like it may pose a challenge when i play open games such as far cry 4 but i think i will buy the qc35 and test the soundstage vs my akg and will return them if the soundstage is just too small. 

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

K612 are a much better option. Unless you have a stupid loud aircon, ANC while indoors is pretty damn useless.

K612's will have a lot better imaging and soundstage, and straight up more raw detail.

Why not just keep both your AKG and the QC35? Use one for home and one for travel. Repairing a headphone is typically incredibly easy if you have patience and remotely any skill with a soldering iron.

Don't tread on me. I squish, and white liquid comes out. It's icky, trust me.

12 minutes ago, Moist_Sock said:

K612 are a much better option. Unless you have a stupid loud aircon, ANC while indoors is pretty damn useless.

K612's will have a lot better imaging and soundstage, and straight up more raw detail.

Why not just keep both your AKG and the QC35? Use one for home and one for travel. Repairing a headphone is typically incredibly easy if you have patience and remotely any skill with a soldering iron.

I can get it fixed for 10 Euros at the AKG Headquarters here in Vienna so that's not really a problem. I feel that i won't be using the QC35s a lot if i just use them on the go but i will try use both headphones and will then decide if i should sell the AKGs or not. Thanks :)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4